brooke

today programme

I've just listened. I dont understand what all the fighting is about. Surely its possible to accept & encourage understanding of autism whilst at the same time treating the physical problems (like leaky gut) which some autistic peeps have? Thats all the woman seemed to be saying, not wanting a "cure" for autism per se.

I've just listened. I dont understand what all the fighting is about. Surely its possible to accept & encourage understanding of autism whilst at the same time treating the physical problems (like leaky gut) which some autistic peeps have? Thats all the woman seemed to be saying, not wanting a "cure" for autism per se.

I totally agree.

Although the woman did say her group is affiliated with something in the States called Defeat Autism, so I'm not clear what her agenda is.

Lizzie :unsure:

Yes, I wondered if we were hearing the whole story.

In the meantime, the debate continues ..... check out thought for the day on this morning. Ann Atkins has an Aspie son & was positive throughout, my only gripe was that she seemed to contradict herself by initially celebrating autism, then at the end saying it was an example of human frailty.