Sign in to follow this  
hev

refusing medication

steve has to take 3 epilepsy tabs in morn and one in evening,the battles its causing is horrendous,i literally have to go on about it all day to even get him to take the first lot ,he should take them at 9 but eventually took them at 2.30,if he doesnt take them he has bad seizures,thats one of the reasons hes been in and out of hosp so much with fits,through not taking them,he just doesnt get it,any ideas please,im worried sick

Hi Hev, I know taking meds is a battle, Nick often spits his out and says he has taken it so i know what its like. Can you try to get Steve to remember how awfull it is when he has a fit and how boring hospital is? mind you if he is like nick he wont make the connection. How about a bribe, something nice at the end of the week if he has taken them, mind you, the reward system dosent seem to work when they get older as it seems a bit childish. Would one of his mates have a word about how scared they were when they had to call an ambulance, and they dojnt want it to happen again? Just a few suggestions, although probab no good as when they dont want to do anything they wont!!!

Has Steve been to see the new school yet? is he willing to go? Nick says he wont go to a residential school, but after the day i have had it seems the only option!! Keep your chin up, sending lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'>