Sign in to follow this  
bluefish

Really angry

Really fed up and angry! e was dx in may as aspergers. We saw clinical psych last friday who said" thankfully e is at the milder end of aspergers"today I recieved a copy of clinical psych report( I was cc along with seven others I of course only gave birth to my son so why would i get a letter addressed to me!) The report was totally inacurate. It stated that I had concerns about e's social interaction bla bla. I had no concerns it was pointed out to me by Nursery and the health visiter that e was different. I have done all that they asked , e has attended assesment centre we have been to see everyone sugested. Why is it now that it looks like they want to retract dx feel sad and p****d off

Bluefish.Was there something in the letter that leads you to think there is the possibility Dx might be changed ?

Who made the original Dx AS in May.

Sorry about the questions but I am a bit puzzled.Karen.

Its weird isn't it. They always want to say that it was the parent who had this or that concern when in the first place it was one of the professionals. This happened to me. The SALT put in her report about my ds that because of my concerns I asked for a dx and the way she put it made me sound neurotic. It was in fact the head of SALT who asked me if I would like a dx because of the way my ds was behaving and concerns had only come about because of issues raised by HV etc. But why do they always want the parent to be the one who raises concerns as if we are some sort of neurotic body of "concerned" parents? If you are not happy with the report then I suggest you write to the psych and place on record your objections to the inaccuracies in it. When I did this my SALT re-did her report. I wasn't going to have her inaccurate report on record.

Bluefish.Was there something in the letter that leads you to think there is the possibility Dx might be changed ?

Who made the original Dx AS in May.

Sorry about the questions but I am a bit puzzled.Karen.

Hi karen. No not really just was cross it stated all my concerns.When that is not what was said. I have calmed down today! just wish it was all more straight forward. I am worried he will not get the help at school unless we have it in black and white asap.