Sign in to follow this  
pingu

on radio 5 live

We have been invited to discuss our current circumstances on the victoria derbyshire show tomorow.

Please listen in and give your support.

Shaz Steve

No you didn't at all. I listened. I thought the Council bloke was evil. Putting in little suggestions that there was some doubt about whether the knife came from school. I thought you both came back on the points very well and despite having every right to be angry about the way the school overreacted and got the police involved - you stuck to the fundamental issue of how should a child be allowed to have this knife in the first place. I think the obvious point here is that the school should not have been using stanley knives. I notice the Council bloke kept calling it a "craft" knife. The 2 are very different. I think you are right to seek assurances about their H & S policy. Otherwise it could happen again - your son bringing home the knife. What on earth are they doing allowing stanley knives to be used. They effectively "armed" your son. Didn't the HT already accept there was a mistake on this score? So why is the Council bloke backtracking. Obviously he's spoken to the legal dept ;)

I didn't hear all the comments after your piece - just a few. Some people just can't see the issues. But we know that don't we (eg in our dealings with ed psychs, SALT etc etc.). Keep your spirits up - you did a good job. Now you have to find a way to get your son back to school - or to another school? I think that in view of the school calling the police you have every right to suggest that the parent/school relationship has badly broken down and needs some work if your son is to go back. Also school need to assure you that the possibility of the knife coming home can't happen again. What about involving parent partnership to help you discuss issues with the school. Including the issue of the lost records and recognising your sons SEN.

Anyway best of luck - hope you find a way forward.

No you didn't at all. I listened. I thought the Council bloke was evil. Putting in little suggestions that there was some doubt about whether the knife came from school. I thought you both came back on the points very well and despite having every right to be angry about the way the school overreacted and got the police involved - you stuck to the fundamental issue of how should a child be allowed to have this knife in the first place. I think the obvious point here is that the school should not have been using stanley knives. I notice the Council bloke kept calling it a "craft" knife. The 2 are very different. I think you are right to seek assurances about their H & S policy. Otherwise it could happen again - your son bringing home the knife. What on earth are they doing allowing stanley knives to be used. They effectively "armed" your son. Didn't the HT already accept there was a mistake on this score? So why is the Council bloke backtracking. Obviously he's spoken to the legal dept ;)

I didn't hear all the comments after your piece - just a few. Some people just can't see the issues. But we know that don't we (eg in our dealings with ed psychs, SALT etc etc.). Keep your spirits up - you did a good job. Now you have to find a way to get your son back to school - or to another school? I think that in view of the school calling the police you have every right to suggest that the parent/school relationship has badly broken down and needs some work if your son is to go back. Also school need to assure you that the possibility of the knife coming home can't happen again. What about involving parent partnership to help you discuss issues with the school. Including the issue of the lost records and recognising your sons SEN.

Anyway best of luck - hope you find a way forward.

thanks hun.

your message means a lot. and is absolutly correct. i cant physically type a reply which you deserve. i cant see a way out of this. and im so so tired..