Sign in to follow this  
rach04

im not neurotic after all

just got back it was the rsa i have brought it home to read and sign.

Basically it states every thing i have said over the last 5 years and him now agreeing with me. :rolleyes:

It says about js behavior and they have been having problems with him but they always tell me they have never seen bad behavior!!!!

it says that he cannot work with a class it has to be a small group or 1:1 umm

that his spelling age is 7.2 hes 11.2 maths is below 2

and in the last paragraph he has put

without a statement of special ed needs, the level of support will be greatly reduced and he will not cope with the organizational demands of a large secondary school or with the social aspect. primary school provides him with a very secure and known environment where his differences are understood by all but this will not be the situation in sept 2008. the gap between his levels of attainment and his peers is increasing. :notworthy:

It also said about the library thing and they say they have had problems with him on the morning of swimming with anxiety so why does no one tell me ffs argghhh!!!

also that they carried out a lucid rapid test and the probability of him being dyslexic was very high!!!

im really pleased that this is such a good report but at the same time im a little piddled off that they dont see fit to tell me that they are having problems with him too. whether this be behavioral or anxiety.

what do i do now do i leave the school to it or do i carry on with my rsa (has got to the eveidence stage)

Edited by rach04

Think rach04 means Request for Statutory Assessment (for special educational needs) - though please correct me if I am wrong!

rach04 - can understand why you are so frustrated -if you have been asking for feedback for so long and they have not told you most of this! I personally would send in your request too - I have been told they sometimes do not listen to school, but if you and the school are sending reports (perhaps you could get together and send both reports in support of your application??) they may take note. From what you have posted I would hope so. When I asked for J to have an assessment I put loads of details and included reports from medical people etc - anything which supported my points especially if someone outside family - and a lovely early years special needs teacher also sent an email in support of my application (giving reasons obviously). They send me a letter short time afterwards and he was given statement, and has been supported ever since. I hope that with school behind you they may carry out the assessment and give you support too. Hope you get results you want

D

Edited by westie

yes rsa is exactly that

thanks i sent mine off today and included sencos report which covers everything that we wanted it to and have sent EVERY recent report i have from other professionals. Al i can do now is cross my fingers :pray: