ScienceGeek

So annoyed right now!

All my friends have had their bursary cheque from the university and I haven't. I was worried about that fact so I went to the advice centre, they contacted the bursary people. Well it turns out that my bursary has been delayed because they need more information. This means that I may not get it until next term! I was relying on that money to pay some bills and get me through the xmas hols. I'm poor afterall, that is why I'm getting the damn thing in the first place! No food and they are mucking me about with this, they didn't even tell me what information they needed. The advice centre said that probably meant it was some information they needed from the faculty. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I've applied for an overdraft with my bank for the amount I'm waiting for from the bursary so it will be paid back once I get the cheque, but I'm not sure if they will accept it or not. :unsure::crying::unsure:

Guest Lya of the Nox

is there someone u can email or call if u good on the phone to see if they can give u emergency money

and find out exactly what info they need, and can someone at uni help u do this??

xx

is there someone u can email or call if u good on the phone to see if they can give u emergency money

and find out exactly what info they need, and can someone at uni help u do this??

xx

I can't borrow from anyone as they are pretty much as poor as I am right now. There is an emergency fund at the university, but the next payment isn't until after the holidays :wallbash:

Banks are usually quite understanding if you are honest with them. They will probably authorise the overdraft. Good luck!

Update: Haven't heard back from the bank yet, though hopefully before the end of the week. My support mentor :notworthy: went to the advice and welfare place to get the lady to ring the bursary office again. They have unblocked my payment and I'll get it in the next pay run, so beginning of next week! Will be close for presents and stuff but I think I will make it in time for xmas (my girlfriend and her family celebrate it). :thumbs:

Hi Sciencegeek,

Glad it's been sorted and that you have a helpful mentor. :notworthy::thumbs:

Out of interest (and totally off topic - apologies) where is your mentor from and how if he/she funded? I have full funding for mentoring support through my DSA but can't find anyone anywhere, and that's not for trying - myself and my supervisors have been annoying every possible person we can think of to come up with something but the appropriate support just doesn't seem to exist.

:(

Hi Sciencegeek,

Glad it's been sorted and that you have a helpful mentor. :notworthy::thumbs:

Out of interest (and totally off topic - apologies) where is your mentor from and how if he/she funded? I have full funding for mentoring support through my DSA but can't find anyone anywhere, and that's not for trying - myself and my supervisors have been annoying every possible person we can think of to come up with something but the appropriate support just doesn't seem to exist.

:(

I think he works for the university. All I know is that the disability centre sorts it all out. This is then paid for through my DSA. I

I think he works for the university. All I know is that the disability centre sorts it all out. This is then paid for through my DSA. I

Well that's useful to know in itself - I think someone working within my university would be best for me - my disability centre doesn't sort very much out at all though . . .

Did your mentor already know about AS and is mentoring his main job, or does he do it as an 'extra'? (sorry for all the questions)

Well that's useful to know in itself - I think someone working within my university would be best for me - my disability centre doesn't sort very much out at all though . . .

Did your mentor already know about AS and is mentoring his main job, or does he do it as an 'extra'? (sorry for all the questions)

I don't see him because of AS. I see him because of my dyslexia and dyspraxia. I haven't been assessed for AS yet. Mentoring is his main job as far as I know, he sees quite a lot of students.

Update: Bank approved the overdraft. :thumbs:

Bought presents for the other half and mother. Just need to wrap everything up.

I took other half out for dinner and gave her the engagement ring I bought earlier today. She has had a really big grin on her face all evening.(She's out at the moment doing a samaritans duty) :thumbs:

I took other half out for dinner and gave her the engagement ring I bought earlier today. She has had a really big grin on her face all evening.(She's out at the moment doing a samaritans duty) :thumbs:

Congratulations! :):)

K x