llisa32

Had a great Ed Psch appointment

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share that we had a really great Ed Psch appointment this morning.

It was a home visit and the info she gauged about J in a couple of hours was spot on, and absolutely confirmed all my thoughts.

She had loads of previous experience with kids on the spectrum and has worked with the NAS, as well as a teacher etc

In a nutshell she thought J was on the spectrum and wait for it.....drumroll....NOT DYSLEXIC!!

She is going to refer him to OT because she thought his spatial awareness and motor skills needed some assistance

She's going into the school to see J in the new year and will speak with teachers then and in meantime give her feedback to the Camhs team so we head closer to a diagnosis.

So...just ADOS to go tomorrow now!! :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Really really pleased for you and J. Best keep this good 'un locked up safely somewhere until you need her again!!! :)

Lisa

It's good that your EP was able to identify the problems your son is having. They seem (from what I've read on the board) to have a lot of weight in the dx process. When my boys were dx I had no idea what their problems were (I knew nothing about autism at that time) and they were seen by the EP first who actually identified AS and I reckon this made the subequent assessment process at CAMHS far simpler (although I didn't know that at the time).

Good luck with the ADOS assessment today.

Flora