jlp

Fed up with school festivities!

I had a nightmare day on Tuesday with both of mine being sent home - one (nt) due to hitting his nursery teacher and ds#1 (AS) chucked a jumbo size Connect 4 set because he was being teased and it hit him on the head resulting in a huge egg, a cut millimetres from his eye and a trip to A&E. Ds#2 had gotten upset because we always drop ds#1 off first in the mornings and we hadn't that day as ds#1 had speech therapy.

Yesterday I kept them both off, ds#1 because it was the Christmas Play and ds#2 because he'd kick off again if ds#1 didn't go in first (how am I going to get round this next year when they're both in school?!)

Today ds#2 was fine and coped with a very loud disco - ds#1 was unable to cope and was sent home (having heard the disco when I picked ds#2 up I'd left a message at the office saying to ring if he couldn't cope as I knew he wouldn't)

Tomorrow ds#1 is supposed to go straight to Mass at 9am so is bound to kick off again, we've agreed he can just walk to the door and return to his classroom but again it's a different routine and will make him anxious which comes out as shouting and anger. To add to the mornings fun ds#2s nursery have an open day where parents stay to play and having all the parents in sets him off (which is mortifying as they all get to watch ds#2 tantrum).

Why why why do they do this to us? More importantly why does no one understand when the child then does get upset / angry?

Feeling really stressed and concerned about school and it's understanding atm