rainbow queen

nice cup of tea..........

i cant belive it

something else to sort out

after just about recovering from christmas meltdowns and screwing -fixing stuff together,hours messing on pc sorting games out ect ect.........

i just came upstairs put my cup of tea on the hall landing while i nipped to the loo

when i picked cup up-low and behold....

THERE WAS A FLEA FLOATING IN MY BREW

:tearful::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yes i do have a cat....and ive completely forgot to keep buying them frontline things from vets-im not even sure they work......

any suggestions ??

rq xxx :rolleyes:

Baggy, there is a limit you know!

Take the cat outside and groom it with a fleacomb, and do that every day for a week.

Frontline does work well, but you need to use it once a month EVERY month ( On the cat Baddad ). I use payday as the reminder for our cat's dose.

Hoover the house really well, especially the edges of the carpets.

Cross your fingers, and watch out for little red bites around your ankles.

And if all else fails, send them to Bagpuss's Home For Displaced Fleas.

lol.....................im hoovering already................ive just found an old bottle of flea powder in my drawer -which i never go in cause its jammed up with allsorts...........

just blasted the cat out the back door with it.............he now no longer looks black ...lol..lol :robbie:

you can also buy some flea spray for the house from the vets and you spray it EVERYWHERE.

We did this as the house we moved into was ridden with fleas!! :lol:

needless to say that we no longer suffer with this problem having sprayed anything that didn't move, and put the liquid treatment on the cats.

It prob didn't help that we have 3 cats which attracted the dirty little things!!

Edited by kellyanne

Ooh I do sympathise RQ. In our last house, the carpets were covered in long white cat hair when we moved in. We swept it all up, then made the fatal mistake of using the old carpets as underlay for the new ones, well we were skint at the time.

And of course we didnt have a cat did we, so the newly hatched lil critters just went :rolleyes: & latched onto us, didnt they.

We had the council flea man round, not once, but TWICE, unprecedented according to him.

To this day I am paranoid whenever I see a black speck.

Anyhoo - council flea man every time. They have Equipment and Chemicals.

Edited by pearl

The Vet-prescribed Frontline DOES work unless you have particularly resilient fleas (extremely rare) or your cat licks it off. If you use it regularly, it will prevent the cat from bringing fleas into the house.

Hoover all your soft furnishings and launder what you can (take duvets to over-sized launderette machines), and spray around the edges of your carpet and all sofas and mattresses. Flea bombs are also good.

Oh, I can sympathise.

I discovered some on Daisy (my DD's Shih Tzu) about a month ago. We do use the stuff from the pet shop once a month, but seemingly it's not as reliable as the stuff from the vets, especially if the dog (or cat in your case) has a long or thick coat. We had to treat her and Buttons and my sister's two labs. Then I sprayed flea-spray everywhere. Fortunately we are a flea-free zone now.