angel77

Starting school............................

next week. My daughter is 3 and starting pt school. She is not diagnosed with ASD yet but I have the Dr's say its probable and she has globle developmental delay. They have a little class starting which will take the young children. ahhhhh. I hope they will be able to keep up with her. It is a special school and they seem to be able to meet the diverse needs of all pupils. Here's hoping.

They will be using objects of reference for her. They also have sensory equipment which she will be able to access, she loves anything sensory and has a door obsession.

I'll let you know how she gets on.

Oh, forgot to say, I've not got the statement yet but they will let her start and won't hold her back because of paperwork. Yay.

Angel.

Hi I hear how nervous you are about her start, I am sure it will be just like nursery and play school at her age, three is sure a very young for school issues so hopefully there will be lots of opportunity for play and fun, many of Js difficulties was lack of the right services and he started his early day in a mainstream nursery school enforcing him to fit in, well obvously he didnt and has struggled ever since, I feel that having an awareness of the childs development and having trained and understanding staff is crucial to early treatment of any developmental difficulty, so hopefully having the knowledge that your daughter is recieving the right resourses from the very beginning is very encouraging for her future development, many of Js disorders are a result of the " system" getting it wrong in the beginning, J was suppose to have attended a early years special unit but there was too many children on the waiting list and by the time a place came he was already starting reception where years down the line it went from bad to trauma until he ended up in a unit for emergancy assessments later to be diagnosed as special needs so I believe now if J had of got the right services and support from the very early days then his other co morbids might not of been here today.

Early interventions are vital and I want to reasure you that she is in the best hands possible for the services that are around but any worries you have always communicate and have regular meetings and have evidence to back up the continuing support.

Good Luck.

JsMum

my DS went to a special needs nursery 2 days a week and he loved it there

je was picked up by minibus(variety club smiley face one) and every time we go pass it now he turns around and says its his minbus

so the nursery had an inpact on him

as he is now 6

thanks everyone.

I'm quite sad now, its my daughters last day tomorrow at her private nursery. :crying: I hope they do something special for her. I've asked them to continue in the holiday club but they wont,. lol thats another story, they tried to charge me double. !!

angel.

Thanks Claire,

She's finished now. They made her a card and she gave some chocs. :clap:

I can't believe she's starting school on Monday, its just come about so quick, I don't have the full uniform and I don't even know who the class teacher is. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm so nervous........................

I suppose it'll fall into place :o

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> I hope Monday is a really good day for both of you.It is a nervous time for any parent.My [NT] elder son started secondary school last September-myself and the other mums at the school gates still worried.My son is a big lad taller than me. >:D<<'> Karen.

thanks karen, excuse my ignorance but im wracking my brains thinking what NT abbreviates??? My other daughter starts high school this coming september 2008 when my 3 yr old who will be 4and starting full time in sept. Hope your son settled in well at his.

Angel.

Angel...sorry for use of jargon.Yes NT =Neurotypical ie not diagnosed with anything else. :oops:

If you look in top right of the screen there is a very useful ''Jargon buster'' that will help explain any other terms that people like me jargon around. :P:P Karen.

thanks karen, excuse my ignorance but im wracking my brains thinking what NT abbreviates??? My other daughter starts high school this coming september 2008 when my 3 yr old who will be 4and starting full time in sept. Hope your son settled in well at his.

Angel.

Yes he did settle in really well after a few stressful days.He had a bit of a tough time last year but his secondary school are great.Karen.

Thanks karen, I felt such a numpty but do like to know. Ill take a look at the jargon buster next time. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear your son is settling well.

Angel.

Thanks karen, I felt such a numpty but do like to know. Ill take a look at the jargon buster next time. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear your son is settling well.

Angel.

Don't feel a numpty.I don't like it when the professionals use jargon and don't explain so I should know better. :whistle::whistle:

Don't feel a numpty.I don't like it when the professionals use jargon and don't explain so I should know better. :whistle::whistle:

Don't worry.

Nic, m. thanks too and mumble.

Angel.

Glad to hear her last day went well and sending you lots of positive vibes for Monday, I look forward to hearing all about it.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Clare x x x