Sign in to follow this  
Stephanie

Quickie Hello

Just a quick hello and update.

Lots of people have emailed me as I haven't been on here for a while. The reason I haven't been around is actually that we are all doing really well, especially Asa who seems to be absolutely great at the moment, he is doing fab at school, has friends, is coping really well with social situations etc etc. In fact, really he isn't showing many traits at all and it's a bit worrying in case they take his 10 hour statement off him!! He just seems to have matured somehow - far less anxious and more grown up and able to deal with things. We are all a lot more relaxed and happier as a result.

I have been put on anti-depressants which was a bit of a shock to say the least ... as I didn't think I was depressed. I have been having panic attacks especially during the night so I went to see the Doctor about it and here I am on anti-depressants! I have been offered counselling but declined for now. These tablets have really taken the edge off ... and have made me realise that I was suffering from "paranoid parent syndrome", I was always a bit too cautious, thinking the worst scenario might happen in any event etc. I would recommend to anyone who might be suffering panic attacks or high anxiety in silence to have a chat to your Doctor.

Anyway, if things change (as they probably will - unfortunately), I will be back around asking for your advice as I do appreciate the help and emotional support I have received from you all.

Happy New Year,

Stephanie.

Hi Stephanie,

Good to see you back. :) And great to hear that you've been away for positive rather than negative reasons - I hope things continue to go well for you and your son.

K x

Hi Stephanie.Great that things are going well. :thumbs::thumbs: I think that some of the medications prescribed for depression also help with anxiety so perhaps the Dr prescribed for depression with that in mind I am glad it has helped.Karen.

Your post has prompted me to post too!

Glad things are going well for your son. After months of hyperactivitiy and generally being all over the place my son is having a very good patch too, seems to have matured and come on in all aspects of his development which is lovely. Am making the most of it too as I know from past experience that things never stay the same LOL!

Hope the meds continue to help you too

Lx