Sign in to follow this  
CEJesson

"Asperger and Me" Progress

Hey everyone,

Some of you may remember that I was writing a story on my life with Aspergers from as far back as I can remember to now, including snippets of information that I have gathered from other people. So far it is going well, but I did have a break from writing it between September-December 2007 owing to University. Since returning home I have begun writing it again, and am now on 36 typed pages (5,174 words) and in the year 2000. So hopefully it will be all ready and completed by Spring-Summer this year. Its been good ive done this theres no going back:)

Im unsure whether to try and publish it. Any ideas on this on where to go?

Chris

I've just been searching Amazon to get a feel for who's publishing what in ASD. It might be worth you doing the same. If you look for books which are of the same type as your own, you will probably find publishers who handle that kind of material. Jessica Kingsley springs to mind - David Fulton is another. It's worth approaching the publisher first, or checking out their website, to see how they prefer new material to be presented. Most publishers are very reluctant to accept an entire manuscript 'cold' these days. Good luck.