Sign in to follow this  
bluefish

Blue badge

I have as yet not been awarded mobility dla but phoned s.s for an application form for blue badge as this really would help us.

Form arrived today and has little to no space to explain anything so I started to write a letter to go with form... How much info should I put?Should I ask them to contact paeditrician rather then GP as he has never seen us regarding asd? I printed off guidlines from nas for asd and blue badge, should I just attatch this or re type in my own words?any advice very welcome! Thanks :D

When I applied for my son it got refused, it took me a whole year to write another letter and they gave us one the next day!!

I put a very long letter in with mine explaining son's behaviour and a letter from a physc etc.

Good luck >:D<<'>

i was very lucky with reeces i applied for his just explained how unpredictable his behaviour is, and how helpful it would be too reece and the family because it would reduce everybodys stress levels.. and a couple of weeks later i got a letter saying he could have one so sent the photos ect..

hope u get on okay

love donnaxxxx

Hi thanks for replies. I posted form today! I wrote a letter and explained the problems we have getting around due to unpredictable behavior,tantrums and obbsesions. I tried to make it as personal to our situation as possible. I enclosed photos and cheque in the hope that we will get the badge! So fingers crossed