Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Freaking out

So I'm currently freaking out. I have this maths test tomorrow that I knew about it being Thursday but it didn't click in my brain that that was tomorrow! I can't remember anything I need to know for the test, missed loads of lectures last term due to being ill. I'm starting to think that I'm going to fail the test, and just the thought of that is making my already high stress levels go through the roof. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: If I don't calm down soon I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. GAH!

Come on SG, you've doen so well this week and done loads of work, yeah I know on other subjects so don't beat yourself about the test. Hopefully its just pre test nerves, which is a stupid to say coz it probably is sheer panic. If you do fail can you re take ?

Clare x x x

I don't think we can re-take this one. But it isn't worth that much, more a case of my self esteem and the fact that I don't like looking like a failure. A failure no matter how small it is actually worth in the module is still a failure that will bug me. I don't know why I'm stressing out so much over something that is worth less than 5% of the overall module mark. :wallbash:

Oh yeah and sorry for all the moaning. I feel all that I have done is be negative and complain the whole time I have been on this board. I'm not always this negative just going through a stressful time right now. Happy SG will be around soon I promise :notworthy:

Edited by ScienceGeek

Oh crikey, I certainly don't see you as moaning and anyway that what we use this forum a good old rant and when we feel like it a good laugh, that's the beauty of this place no one judges you and you can just be yourself as for the test, I would actually be excatly the same as you, would need to pass whether its worth much or not, so sadly don't have any good advice but will send you lots of positive vibes and keep my fingers crossed for ya ! :pray:

Clare x x x

My NT daughter has just taken two papers for hr A level modules in computing and maths.

Despite being very smart, she got herself all wound up and stressed, ended up sitting on the floor of her room in a corner with a blanket over her head, thinking that she must have a brain tumour because her brain wasn't working.

She is an absolute perfectionist, can't bear to start something she thinks she might fail.

So, as I know almost nothing about either subject, I made her a sausage sandwich, followed by a large mug of hot chocolate. And she was slightly less despairing and went to bed with a furry hot water bottle.

Neither test was as bad as she had feared, but the worry was making her almost paralysed. They are over now, until the next time.

Do your best, but failure is part of being alive and trying. No one likes it, but the fear of it can stop you achieving anything at all.

Have a virtual hot chocolate and a >:D<<'>

Good luck.

Thanks Bard and Clare. It went ok, I missed out a couple of questions, but I think I could squeeze a pass. All the assessments are over, nothing due now until April. Time to relax and recover now. :thumbs: Feeling a bit fragile so going to take it easy over the next few days.

Sooooooo glad its over for you.

Now chance to re charge your batteries, think you deserve a well earnt break.

:clap::thumbs::clap:

Clare x x x

Edited by Clare63