ScienceGeek

Conversations with Mum

I was having a conversation with my mum about what I was like when I was younger, it was rather interesting. I knew that I had hardly any interest in other children when I was younger, but what I don't remember is being a really stressy child. According to my mum I was "born 30", while other children were playing and having fun I was having deep conversations about the state of the world, war and poverty. Apparently the depth of the conversation and terminology wasn't expected from a child of 5. I was prone to periods of depression (which I kind of knew as I suffered with insomnia from a young age until around 20) and had really bad coping with changes in environment. Apparently I've always been a stresser and react badly to things not going as planned or how I visualised them.

Chatting to my mum can be rather revealing sometimes. I like asking about what I was like when I was younger as I barely remember last year let alone what I was like all those many years ago :lol:

Hi ScienceGeek

I love these conversations with your parents both me to my parents finding out what I was like when I was younger and those of my son to my wife and myself. I don't know what it is but it makes me feel all warm inside and would just like them to go on forever but my son is very dismissive of them, he has a smile and then gets bored with them.

Last night we touched on reading stories to him and my technique was to read a book but miss the middle out hoping he would go to sleep. When I tell my son that I did that he just laughs thinking its funny as well and in a lot of cases he just made me read another book so the plan didn't always work.

My son is now 24 years old and realises I'm not going to be prime minister, that I make mistakes, I don't know everything and that I don't always practice what I preach.

Having said all that I went to a football game with him recently and I friend asked him if he was close to his dad and he anwered yes which made my day.

And of course just remember mum knows best.

Edited by Kinda