Mumble

After Obsessions

Bid's teapot thingy in the Positive Thread made me think . . .

What do you do with collections left over when obsessions change (either yours or your kids)? I had a teapot thing a very long time ago ... then moved on to mugs ... then Winnie-the-Pooh ... then Hornby 00 gauge railways ... then several others .... now frogs.

I have to feel slightly sorry for my Mum as she has both mine and my brother's left over obsession collections stashed in various areas around the house - I have a feeling she hasn't found them all, because I haven't been in nearly enough trouble :whistle:

Now some, like the Hornby, don't take up too much room (just a few boxes) and I defiantly want to keep as I'd like to do more with once I have my own space, yet others, I don't see much use for. The trouble is, even though they're not obsessions anymore, I find I can't quite separate myself from them :( Does anyone else find this and what do you do about this - I'm going to have to face up to it somehow because my Mum's threatening to get rid of stuff she finds and I'd rather do it myself so I know exactly what's happened and can be in control.

Do some of you have large collections of past bizarre obsessions? :unsure:

Guest Lya of the Nox

meggz wont get rid of her beanies

so i am putting them in one of those bags u can hoover, but gets soo heavy lol

and putting them in the loft with a few other bits

we are here in general hoarders,

x

hi sorry cant be much help, reece wen he goes onto his new obssession wont get rid of the old ones and often reverts bac to them, tou then find me hunting the house for hrs for things he needs right now!!

and he becomes very distressed and ive also been known to pop out to shops to replace things i cant find or have accidently got rid of :whistle:

so now i try to keep all his bits together like his thomas the tank engine stuff, bob the builder, tractor tom things ect..

so really cant be of much help

love donnaxxxxx

Up until moving out of home I would keep hold of the stuff in boxes in the loft. Now I've moved out of home I have to keep it to a minimum due to lack of space. Saying that I still have the last 4 obsession stuff in the flat.

Hi Mumble - yes we have a fair old assortment of forgotten obsessions hangning around, they tend to get put under DS1's bed :rolleyes: , none of us can bear to part with them (except the sock den of course :lol: ). Your new avvy is fabby btw.

Luv Witsend.

Mumble,

i am going to make a confession here, if i can get rid of things without my daughter knowing, i do.Other than that we have a clear out about twice a year to get rid of things she does not use, that is quite stressful getting her to build up to it.

She is very good about it though, and knows it goes to friends or a charity shop.

Now though she is starting to get the concept of money and would like to try selling her things!

Nic

Do some of you have large collections of past bizarre obsessions? :unsure:

Yes!

Remember those puppy/kitty/pony in my pocket toys? Small plastic animals - usually came in packs of 5. L had to collect every single one and now we have a huge collection - two plastic under - bed storage containers full. It was OK till they brought out all the blasted accessories - great big houses to put them in - we had to get those too. :wacko: I don't know what to do with them - they are under my son's bed at the moment. He's never been interested in them.

Till I managed to inflict them on another child, we also had a large collection of larger plastic horses - garish colours with long coloured hair you could groom and plait - know the ones I mean? :sick::sick: Please tell me they've stopped making those. :pray::lol:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

No they havn't kathryn

my lovely girl has those and the puppies and the lttlest pet shop and the polly pocket she is now going to give up her bratz dolls (thankfully 4 small suitcases of them all with spare clothes) but only because she wants a real baby doll and i am now doing a one in one out thing as her room is burting at the seams.

nic