Sign in to follow this  
morgan and alexandra

Meltdowns

Hi again

I posted a few days ago about DD who is obviously having the worst time at the mo. I'm really concerned now as she is having daily meltdowns, usually more than 3 a day over tiny things. Monday was exhausting as she had 6 meltdowns with the interim covering her ears and standing in corners(as discussed in last post) and very emotional. When we are at home although it's difficult, I cope really well and make sure she is safe and leave her to calm down in her own time.

This morning however, DD had major meltdown on the way to school and kept putting herself in danger, as kept running into road, was kicking fences, pulling at bushes, punching herself and pulling her hair out. Luckily, although there were other parents around nobody said anything and let me assess and deal with DD the best I could. To be honest, I didn't really know what to do exept stay in a place close enough to help her if she was in danger but if I try to lead her to safety outside it makes her worse.

I finally managed to get her to school and a TA let me use a quiet room to let her calm down. She was in such a state I'm going to phone CAMHs and see if they can help us sooner than March. I just want to help my little girl!!!

Helen

So know how your feeling with the behaviour around school, J is the same at the moment after his visit to the GP last week he realised he was going to school and jumped off the bike and ran home crossing a major road, he didnt even check if it was ok, its soo frightening, we have an appointment soon at cahms but I have been intouch throw phone and explained the situation with his behaviour and they have noted it all down, so give the cahms a ring just if it is to sound off at them, my cahms lady was very understanding and has written a report ready to give the Doc she has given me the earlest appointment,but it still feels weeks away, its really draining when the challenging behaviour becomes a risk of someone getting hurt, keep strong and try your best to keep them safe.

JsMum

Hi, My ds had a meltdown on sunday, He returned from respite and we were so so glad to get him home, he`d had no violent episodes since being put on the resperidol, after four days at home he suddenly started acting very strange, hitting the 5 and 9 yr old with a ruler and staring at me to see wot I would do, I got them up to my room and blocked door, he was manic and menacing, started throwing eggs at me and cream!!! He rang 999 10 times at least and told them to come and get him, I rang my 18yr old who god love him rushed home to help, he dragged him to his room and when I went in later to turn tv down as I walked past bunk, he was on top, he hit me twice on head, I nearly went down, I cant believe he did that, he is really upping violence each time. He was starting school next day so may have bin about that, anyway next morning he said I`m not going and you cant make me, I dragged all covers off and tried to physically drag him out of top bunk, I WAS SO MAD. Anyway 18 yr old came to help and we got him out and dressed him, He spit medication at me and poured water down my head, when taxi arrived I marched out, still in pj`s!!!! and said he`s in there if he won`t come we will carry him out, he came! I could not beleive I had sent him like that, no breakfast, not washed, felt terrible, but you know what? he came home with report to say excellent, hardworking and cheerful all day! he has been there 3 days now and so far so good.