bluefish

Turned down for blue badge

Got a letter to say e does not fit requirements for blue badge. The letter also says" You may wish to disscuss your application with your GP" Any advice on what to say to him without him thinking I am telling him his job?

The GP had to fill in the application and state your child has DIFFICULTY IN WALKING OR IN PAIN WHEN WALKING. Unless this is on the application than it will not be passed.

Make an appointment with your GP stating you requested the blue badge because of your childs difficulties.

You could quote safety issues when near cars or roads.

Difficulty in walking or moving when having an austitic episode.

You need to explain exactly to the GP how you child is effected than request another application for the blue badge scheme.

Is there some one else who can put down on the form who knows your child well and his difficulties, this could be a nurse health visitor etc.

Lynne

You could appeal the decision and request that they contact your child's consultant for a report rather than the GP. Nine times out of ten the GP doesn't know much about the day to day difficulties so it's best to go direct to someone who does.

Good luck, hope you get it.

Karen

x

Have answered on your other post bluefish but just to repeat, I got mine by going through the social worker on the childrens dissabilty eam (after we were told we didn't fit the criterior)

Anne

i went through this process does your child use a buggy or do you have to use restraints when out as the gp could also add this. i even had to attend a medical with my son and he refused to get out the buggy and started going into melt down the medical adviser was angry at the thought we had been put through this and told me to take my son home and she would advice in our favour it took two years of fightining my council

hope this is of some help