ScienceGeek

Changes

Why do shops keep changing things? First they moved the fantasy/Sci-fi section and then moved the rest of the shop around. I went to waterstones and I normally look around in this order fantasy/sci-fi, religion, health a-z, psychology, popular science and then politics. I couldn't find anything today because everything was in the wrong place :wallbash: I finally found a book I wanted to buy after much stressing and trying to figure out where everything was. I got Introducing Psychology a graphic guide to your mind and behaviour. Why couldn't they leave it as it was? It was fine that way. Blurgh :angry:

Going to lay in bed and read my new book to calm down.

Theres this NT/business idea that Change is Good. Anyone who disagrees is a heretic and must be burnt at the stake.

I've undergone 2 restructures in 4 years with a 3rd on the horizon, and by 9:45 this morning thought my head was going to explode, so I'm probably not being entirely objective about this.

It's a crazy NT theory.

This is the theory:

If we move things round, people will have to browse round the shop to find the item that they want, as it is not where it was previously kept. This way they will see other items on their way round the shop & buy them. As shop owner I will make more money.

This is what really happens:

It is lunch break - half an hour is available, so item needs to be purchased quickly. A quick run into the shop, straight to the shelf where item is kept. Aaaaaarrgh, they've flipping moved it. Mad rush round all the shop, getting hot, bothered and more and more angry. Finally find the item - what the flamin eck is it doing there? Race to the till to pay. Double Aaaaaargh, big queue. Can't wait - no time now. Place item on nearest available flat service & run back to work, having bought nothing. Shop owner profit reduced.

:wacko::lol:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, my (not so) 'super' market is in the process of being 'improved' and for the last three weeks each time I've gone they've totally reorganized and rearranged everything while isles are closed off having work done on them. It's driving me nuts! AND they've put in new tills which must have been designed by a total moron, either that or somebody who doesn't actually DO supermarket shopping, or BOTH! :wallbash: Now every week it just takes me longer to do the shop and get out of there, which is, ultimately all I want to do. :angry:

~ Mel ~