JenRose

what will lea do

As some of you will know we have been battling with R,s nursery for a while now, they refuse to accept that she has difficulties with toileting and social interactions.

today she had a meltdown over nursery (they have been off for half term) and said she doesnt want to go back there, we have seen an improvement in her behaviour since she hasnt been this week.

the other nurseries in our town are all full and oversubscribed so we are thinking of keeping her at home until she starts school in september.

problem is we are at tribunal in may over the lea,s refusal to asess and if we take her out of nursery does this mean they dont have to asess her or would thy still do this if we win the appeal.

i have thought about getting my GP to sign her off for anxiety until she gets her appointment through for CAMHS but i dont know if we need to do this as she is only in nursery.

any advice?

thanks

jen

x

Guest Lya of the Nox

if she is under school age then it is your choice if she goes or not,

unless i think child proetction ect are involved

the rest i dont know sorry

be a sad day for me as an early years teacher if one of my kids at work was signed off for stress

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

it is a sad day, but i think ive done all i can with this nursery.

this just wont listen to what we are saying about her needs etc

and holding meetings behind our back

i want her to go to school, cos i know with the right support she will be fine, but its getting that support

and in the meantime we have a little girl who at not even 4 years old shows extreme behaviour problems becuase

of stress,anxiety.

as for child protection, how do you know if they are involved or not?

as far as im aware they arent.

as for child protection, how do you know if they are involved or not?

Having recently had tentative, and VERY unsupported, rumblings from my sons old school (home ed now) I had a chat with my GP. He told me meetings would involve a lot of people including the GP and yourself and your lawyer (if you have one). If your GP is supportive of you and knows there is no abuse, any meeting will not get past the first hurdle!

So don't be worrying about Child Protection at present. Remove her from the nursery, they can't stop you, and either find another one or home educate....if you don't register her for school when she is old enough you DON'T have to send her to school or inform the LEA.

Guest Lya of the Nox

sorry was late

i meant that sometimes i think parents can be kinda asked to keep kids in settings for child protection issues

i really am flabbergasted that the nursery are getting away with all of this, i assume it is a state one?

have you tried a playgroup?

thanks for the advice justamum and lya.

i am waiting for the lea,s investigations, they have assured us we will know by the end of this week.

we put her name down for school in november and i think they let us know by march if she has been accepted or not.

but im not sending her in if she gets distressed, thing is she is in the private day care bit in the morning and she loves that, they dont pressure her, they just let her play and be herself and she has said she still wants to go into "new nursery" as she calls it but not education in the afternoon.

so thats something we can consider but i dont know where that leaves us with the tribunal in may, if she isnt in education would the tribunal still go ahead, os there must be kids who arent in a state nursery who get asessed.