Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

'informal chat'

We had Louis's annual review a few weeks ago, which his teacher couldn't come to as she was poorly. Upshot being that I was having a moan to his resi. keyworker about feeling out of the loop with school now that he is in resi.

His keyworker has set up a meeting for myself, her (keyworker), his teacher, and the play therapist he sees in the school.

Now, I fully intend to use this meeting to the max.

Will be asking about his schoolwork,

whether they think he is actually progressing when his reports suggest otherwise,

how I can help him with his schoolwork at home

Ask about him using a computer/other ways of him recording things as he complains his hands hurt when he writes.

Will be enquiring more indepth about his behaviour in school in order to find out whether he is actually fine, or whether he is just being overlooked because of others worse than him.

Will be asking for advice on how to manage his anger

asking for advice on how to work on his aversion to anything he considers an unwanted negative response.

finding out how he goes about playing

asking the ages of the children in his class (possibly)

finding out about homework/reading books - we NEVER see any of these - apparently he does it all in resi.

asking what sort of things the play therapist is doing with him.

can you see if i've missed anything?