Mumble

Unsettled by Phones

Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me? I really can't do phones, I know that, so it's not just an annoyed at myself at not doing phones. And I know I'm having trouble with physically speaking at the moment, but it's not that either. My phone's been ringing several times for over an hour now - I've got it on silent, but I can hear it vibrating - it's just coming up with a mobile number I don't know. Whoever it is isn't leaving a message, they just keep calling over and over again. And it's making me shake and feel completely agitated - how stupid is that? I can't turn it off because then the person who is calling will know I'm actually around, but I can't answer it either. And now I'm going through all sorts of ridiculous 'what if' scenarios as to why someone might be calling me :(

This isn't a normal reaction to a telephone, is it? I've even shouted at the phone to 'shut up, shut up, shut up' but it's not working - it seems an inanimate object doesn't respond to human pleas. I'm now hoping for the battery to run out so I get some peace. I feel like I'm completely cracking up over something totally ridiculous :(

If the call were truly important they would leave a message. I can get like this sometimes, I've left it to ring for so long that the battery died and I finally got some peace. How many bars are left on it? Is it nearly out of energy anyway?

Mumble the person phoning probably does not know who you are.If you turn it off they will probably give up and at least you will not be bothered by it. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Karen.

I hate it when people do that. If they really want to talk to you, they should leave a message. If you turn it off, they might think it ran out of batteries.

i hate this too so my phones on vibrate only. IN fact i hate phone calls generally as i struggle to communicate effectively and i either have to pre-plan it or make several calls to get the message across. I do that ordering stuff by phone at a shop i use, i know what i want yet i end up phoning 2 or 3 times cos i remember first item then head goes blank so have to ring back. At work i write a list on paper of what im talking about.

i just remmber me just around 6years ago when i was 18 befroe that i would not use an phone and all my friend 2 and i think staff help me with this. i had to start off by order teix i think or order soemthing to eat.

it took me sometime and even today i sometime get scayed. now adays i just say i dont understand "if i dont understand or dont understand what there going on about" it even worse when they dont speak english"

i also find it hard to sometime get over what i need to say. and dont allways now what words to use.

thanks

caroline

Edited by caz2007

I don't get so agitated if my mobile rings and I don't know the number...I just ignore it. It's usually a wrong number and isn't usually mis dialled again. My home phone is a different matter, there are days when I'm scared to answer it and I let it go on to the answering machine. Quite a few days actually. I did have a spell when someone not unknown to me was making lots of silent with held calls and even with the answering machine off, the phone constantly ringing really made me agitated and somewhat paranoid!

If the call is important I think someone would leave a message. If you want to switch the phone off for a few hours, do it, and don't worry about who might want to contact you. I find when I'm in a similar state of mind worrying becomes a chain reaction, the phone sometimes being the catalyst, to even more worrying things which I still realise are irrational. Ho hum...Not sure if any of that helps... >:D<<'>

This isn't a normal reaction to a telephone, is it? I've even shouted at the phone to 'shut up, shut up, shut up' but it's not working - it seems an inanimate object doesn't respond to human pleas.

I have just sent you a personal message as promised in reply to your post on my intro thread, this is how I felt in that last job I had. The phone contact in that job was very uncomfortable and really did my head in. They should never have knowingly given me such phone duties when they were in full knowledge of my disability.

i sometimes would not like to anser the phone or even talk to the person dont now what to say or how to act.

Has anyone here used pagers? It's something that's been suggested to me as a way of contacting specific people if I need help, support etc. It sounds like something worth trying at any rate - just wondered if anyone here had tried it?

Oh, and does anyone know how to turn off the vibrate on a mobile phone - I can 'hear' it and it's unsettling? :unsure:

Guest Lya of the Nox

let me know what kind of fone you have and i will see if one of the kids knows how to turn vibrate off

i sometimes dont asnew fone, we have called display and little un will only answer if she can see who it is

x

let me know what kind of fone you have and i will see if one of the kids knows how to turn vibrate off

It's a Nokia - dunno what model number. Got is after Christmas on sister's orders that string and tin cans wouldn't do anymore. I haven't a clue how to work it and the games are useless!!!! If it's any help, when you press the menu button, you get nine pretty pictures!!!! :rolleyes:

Guest Lya of the Nox

hiya mumble its meggzie on mums thing

you go into profiles on settings

the one you want to take vibrate off you select it

then you go into pesonalise

go down till you see the vibrating alirt and select it then

select off

meggzie!! xxxxx

Thanks Meggzie :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I now have a phone that does nothing other than light up when peeps try to contact me - perfect!!! :lol: :lol: :thumbs::notworthy:

Guest Lya of the Nox

she is watching Stargate wiv big man, had a long but nice day

i said 'you fixed mumble fone' she said

'cool'

am pleased that she could help you

x