Sign in to follow this  
sarahponari

Would family fund....

...give money for a pushchair?

My daughter is nearly 3 and i need a new pushchair for her as hers is nearly 3 years old, and she cant go out without it as she runs off, or does completely the opposite and just stands there and wont move

So will they give money for a new pushchair, as i have seen a 3 wheeler which would be good as it is ok until 22 kgs and she is only 14kgs at the moment

Has anyone ever asked for 1 before from them and did you get it?

...give money for a pushchair?

My daughter is nearly 3 and i need a new pushchair for her as hers is nearly 3 years old, and she cant go out without it as she runs off, or does completely the opposite and just stands there and wont move

So will they give money for a new pushchair, as i have seen a 3 wheeler which would be good as it is ok until 22 kgs and she is only 14kgs at the moment

Has anyone ever asked for 1 before from them and did you get it?

Have you requested an OT assessment for possibility of a mobility pushchair, if they agree she needs a pushchair for special needs reasons then she will have one from their services where you can choose one.

Request an OT assessment from your health services.

FF most likely will fund the pushchair as its linked to her special needs but if the OT Service can offer your daughter a pushchair then the ff may be able to fund something else that may benefit her.

JsMum

Edited by JsMum

I agree you should try OT first. I don't know if FF are allowed to give item which should be issued from other services.

If that is a no have you thought of trying Whizz kidz ?

Some info http://www.whizz-kidz.org.uk/gethelp/

If you are looking at Major pushchairs there are usually a lot available second hand, some get offered on Freecycle also.