Sign in to follow this  
peaches

Has anyone paid to use the benefits and work service?

Has anyone signed up?

Is there advice worth paying for?

I know its such an ordeal, as I claim for myself, but shortly I might be claiming for my daughter and wondered if the service that these people offer is any good or not

Hi peaches: I've edited the direct link out of your post as we don't allow links to commercial services, which this is.

Anyone interested in further info please contact peaches via PM.

BD

Edited by baddad

Has anyone signed up?

Is there advice worth paying for?

I know its such an ordeal, as I claim for myself, but shortly I might be claiming for my daughter and wondered if the service that these people offer is good or is it just a scam?

Personally I wouldnt pay for a service such as this, if anything it should be free, we recieved support from the Welfare Rights, NAS have a free service now, and contact a family have a lot of information specifically on DLA, we were referred by our MP who we wrote to because we where recieving inadequate support in our area.

You should not have to pay to get what your entitled to.

JsMum

Edited by baddad

Totally agree with J's mum... there are a variety of services offering free advice and guidance on claiming, the NAS for example and cerebra (contact details for both are in our resouces section).

BD :D

Is there anyone who actually offers a service which goes through the form with you? I know the CAB do this, but when they did mine they knew so little about fibromyalgia that they weren't any good. I tend to rely on the BHAS site for my renewals.

Is there anyone who actually offers a service which goes through the form with you? I know the CAB do this, but when they did mine they knew so little about fibromyalgia that they weren't any good. I tend to rely on the BHAS site for my renewals.

I would get intouch with your council services and request the Welfare rights service as they do go throw the forms.

JsMum

I was referred to the people in the council who help with benefit claims by the lady who came out to assess me for a shower. She thought I should be getting more DLA. They never got in touch, I told her this and she was supposed to have chased it up, but she did say they were very overstretched. I dont have any faith in them Im afraid. As far as Children and Young People's service are concerned (AKA social services) they couldnt wait to get me off their books as soon as I took the children on.

Edited by peaches

I was referred to the people in the council who help with benefit claims by the lady who came out to assess me for a shower. She thought I should be getting more DLA. They never got in touch, I told her this and she was supposed to have chased it up, but she did say they were very overstretched. I dont have any faith in them Im afraid. As far as Children and Young People's service are concerned (AKA social services) they couldnt wait to get me off their books as soon as I took the children on.

Please consider writing to your local MP as they really did help us and we do get support now, and we did get help with benefits, your MP will defo be interested and he/she will want to help you as much as possible, the ss are a law to themselves until someone high gets involved and then they want to help you, I did have to write an official letter of complaint to the ss in my area and it is been investigated now, please do complian as you have a right to have your needs met as a family our support is family support.

JsMum

Please consider writing to your local MP as they really did help us and we do get support now, and we did get help with benefits, your MP will defo be interested and he/she will want to help you as much as possible, the ss are a law to themselves until someone high gets involved and then they want to help you, I did have to write an official letter of complaint to the ss in my area and it is been investigated now, please do complian as you have a right to have your needs met as a family our support is family support.

JsMum

When the social worker discharged us following award of the residence order, I was led to believe I might get family support. I asked repeatedly, but the support worker said I didnt qualify as we didnt have a specific issue to be referred for. I said cant we just be referred because we have had a tough time and find it difficult to cope with a very demanding child, no it has to be a specific issue. It really was as if they couldnt wait to get us off their books.

When the social worker discharged us following award of the residence order, I was led to believe I might get family support. I asked repeatedly, but the support worker said I didnt qualify as we didnt have a specific issue to be referred for. I said cant we just be referred because we have had a tough time and find it difficult to cope with a very demanding child, no it has to be a specific issue. It really was as if they couldnt wait to get us off their books.

I dont know if I have the energy to do this at the moment, as I have fibromyalgia. But I will do at some point,