Sign in to follow this  
KateBall

School transport / bus

My ds is 9 1/2 and is on SEND+. We are still going through dx proces and expect him to be diagnosed AS or HFA although there is always the chance they will still refuse us a dx. At the moment he travels on the school bus as school is over 3 miles away. He is causing some problems on the bus - due to being stressed at things going wrong - sometimes other children misbehaving and last week because the bus route was blocked and the bus had to reverse to allow a lorry and tractor to get by. When he gets stressed he either hits out at someone or shouts foul verbal abuse or both. The family complain or the driver makes a report and ultimately I feel we will be told ds has to get to school by some other means. Do we have a right to ask for taxi transport? Or what are our alternatives?? Is it down to us to transport him? What if we can't afford it? Have any of you had similar problems?

Hi, I don't really have much experience about this, but I though that that the LA have to provide safe transport to school, that does not cause stress.

Feel very sorry for your child, and the problems he is facing on the bus.

Poor little guy!

I hope you can work out your problems soon.

Hi Kateball.I am not an expert on school transport at all.However I know the topic has cropped up on the Forum often.I thought I would bump this up and hope somone will be able to offer some advice. :) Karen.