or advice would be great

Thanks xx

M is 10 and although small, he is very violent towards us,

not every meltdown, but very often we have furniture thrown at us,

punched, kicked and bitten its awful, just don't know how to handle

it, its like treading on egg shells, anything can set him off, any help

or advice would be great

Thanks xx

Hello, there has been alot of support and advice been given on this if you look at Enids posts. Have you tried ignoring as much as you can, rewarding and praising (over the top) all the good stuff. It is so hard I have a 14yr old who does the same thing.

we've tried ignoring the behavior, but its hard when your

being hit and kicked or a chair is aimed at you, its really affecting our family

I try hard not to lose it with him and keep calm, but i'm finding it harder and harder.

I soo know where you are coming from, I have been and am going through the same thing, its really really hard to ignore the behaviour and impossible when they are attacking you, but do try to ignore as much as you can, get on with jobs around the house and no eye contact! I Its easy to say but VERY hard to do, I have had to resort to the police on occassions. I have had so much advice and support from this forum, everyone here know what you are going through, I have used your very words, "walking on eggshells" My ds is big for his age and has become very controling these days, I am having to use every trick in the book to try and wrest it back! keep posting and read as much as you can, it really helps. Enid

not sure if any help, but find it helped to keep diary-see triggers-we now know that certain things preempt meltdowns-eg before going back to school , change inroutine, probs at school.We try to get in quick,when we see rumblings- and get to room for ten mins- avoid all stimulatio, dont speak,have tv on,etc,etc

xxxxxx