Sign in to follow this  
allsetuk

understanding all round!!

HI everyone, just been away for a week with another family from my son's school. This was the first time that we had attempted this and i have to say i was really surprised at how well it went, my son is one of these classic "pretenders" goes to school and for now does well (his six next month) , didnt do great the first two years of school was always in trouble and was all over the place but seems to have settled into the rules and regulations and responds well to the strict routine.

anyway these friends offered to drive and i organised the cottage, 2 cottages near each other so that we had our own space on evening. My son amazed me, for the most part he was able to snap out of his most extreme oddities when the other childs father demanded it (which he did frequently, no silly noises, sitting sensibly at the table etc ) all demands that i make of him alot and yet he managed to behave accordingly in front of the other family where as normally he spends his time walloping me if i say anything he doesnt like but the minute we were away from them he did his usual , he always has be sat on me, with me , round me, on me, and its like he cant listen, he cant hear me but i know he can...He chases me round whereveer i am saying "huggy huggy" over and over and over and over and i mean all the time. ALL the time! its really stressful. Does anyone else's children crave the parent this in a similar way and what can you do about it. Is it a sensitivity issue. my son doesnt sleep properly unless under a weighted blanket and im just wondering how to address his behaviour with me. Im quite strict but he seems to be in one of these phases where he will almost do the opposite of what i say just to be akward. He constantly talks about poo and wee infront of other people and when he meets new people he dives in cupboards or tries to grab me shouting boobies boobies or blowing rasberrys in my face and laughs and runs off, i have no clue what to do about it.....when he was younger he used to shove his head under my jumper all over the place

Whilst the trip went well it just left me wide open to a mass of "your son just needs a man" kind of comments or "hes playing you for a fool" becuase of his ability to snap out of the "silliness " or "showing off " as everyone else sees it when it was demanded of him. Its really hard to contend with this ....just wondered if you had any pearls of wisdom.....

;)

Sounds a bit like our ADHD daughter. If applicable, you could try to cut out the fast food. Medicamentation might help with ADHD, but you'll need a proper dx.

Our AS son, on the contrary, often doesn't seem to realize whether we, his parents are present or absent. And he just ignores strangers even when directly addressed.

my son like this- but been at grandparents all day- no noises,etc, im not sure whether he "knows" not to do it to them ,or tries so hard all day to keep "normal" that they can be themselves with us-if that makes sens?

My son is almost 13, constantly wants hugs, demads our attention 100%- even when we re in loo,yet others have said he plays us up-im not convinced

Lisa

my bro in law had steve sat night and phoned me and said hes been fantastic which obviously im pleased about but a bit of me thinks how come hes so fantastic at his house,ive never really understood how they can be brill for some and not for others,then it makes me start questioning my parenting skills but thats a whole other thread...... :lol:

everyone used to joke did i just feed him coca cola when he was younger cos he was so all over the place at lightening speed. he is allowed one glass of lemonda per school holiday and one macdonalds, the rest of the time he is on organic food and pure organic apple juice etc...ive been trying to be additive free for a long time. Makes no difference from what I can see. Becuase he is a rule follower, he thinks anything like nuggets, burgers etc is junk and wont eat it ...only likes salad, veg , pasta ,

do u think maybe other people dont notice all the little things, noises, etc like we do cos we have to live with it.