Sign in to follow this  
stressedmumto2

Local Authority- are they playing games?

I'm so annoyed, I am meant to be at tribunal very shortly, a few days ago I spoke to the SaLT who sees my son and she told me she had done a new report for the tribunal, I told her I hadn't seen it, the last report I had was during Dec and was it that or a new one, she said it was new one and a copy was sent to school with a note for them to send to me. Today she has sent me a copy of it by e-mail and also sent it to school and LA.

I'm not sure if it hadn't been sent to school until today although she did say she had sent it to school few days ago and if LA have just decided to do nowt with it, I contacted the tribunal and they told me the only report they had in was from another therapist who was discharging their service but they have not recieved this one, this one was submitted just on the deadline but the report was done months previously.

The deadline for it to go into tribunal was yesterday, I just hope and pray that the tribunal will still accept it on the day as it shows my son can't access therapy, out of 20 sessions this term he has accessed 5 for one reason or another.

I'm probably being paranoid but I am thinking are the LA being selective with what they send to tribunal? funny how they send in the OT report who is discharging him because a new OT will be taking over (who wont provide us with a report) and this report which highlights even with the therpay in place he is still not able to access it regulary enough.

Am I going mad and being paranoid. Just hope the tribunal will accept it as late evidence

You're not being paranoid. If it was a report unfavourable to your case then they'd have sent it in faster than you could blink.

If you explain to the panel, when they discuss the late evidence, that you were only made aware of the document a few days ago REGARDLESS of when it was dated and that you believe it is important and relevent then I can't see that they'd have any difficulty accepting it.

When do you go to tribunal?

Flo' X