Sign in to follow this  
hedders

SHOULD I GIVE SENCO INFO

SHOULD I GIVE SENCO A COPY OF OUR PARETAL REQUEST FOR STAT ASSESSMENT

NOT SURE IF THIS COULD GO AGAINST US AS THEY NEVER BELIEVED OUR CONCERNS FOR DD

I would not bother to give the SENCO a copy of your letter, but I would write them a letter to inform them you have made a parental request for a SA and end it with something like 'I would like to thank you in advance for your time in filling in the LEA school infomation gathering forms'.

I have found this way, you have it on file that you informed them and that you are respectful, should you ever need to take it to disability tribunual or a like it is good to be able to prove you have followed protacal and are the nice guy.

Anna

A confusing conversation with senco today, she has recieved letter from lea. The slt visited school today and senco wanted her to see my dd but she declined and said she cant as i have applied for stat assessment. The senco didnt understand why they just want her reply from lea as they havent contacted the slt but i have informed the lea all the external proff contact details.

I just replied saying our case officer feels she has enough information to present to the panel and just needs for you to return the info requested.

2 months ago the senco wanted to see the slt in april and was bascially going to tell her how well dd is progressing when i said i felt dd didnt have a language delay but a disorder.

I was suppose to have an informal discussion with slt team 8 months ago who were then going to discharge her but the discussion never happened so in one way dd is still under slt team even though we have no contact with them.

Anyway im a bit puzzled why the senco was so concerned that the slt hasnt recieved a letter from the lea

Edited by hedders