SoundLad

A view on Me

Right before we go into detail im hoping this is the right place to ask and the right place to put this question..

Well what it is im a Geek (well i say geek) im a computer freak i just like computers finding more and more about them i surf the internet and have to check on things like emails, bebo etc etc. But what's the question is people feel i like computers more than interacting although they know i have AS they get the impression im not intrested in what they have to say to be truthful i dont hear what the persons talking about when im ingrossed installing an OS or reading something about a certain computer part learning how it works etc... Anyways enough blabbing.. What im trying to ask is does any body else or does your daughter/son etc have the same thing where there ingrossed and dont know whats happening around them ??

P.s. sorry if the above is confusing..

where there ingrossed and dont know whats happening around them

yes my son 'fixes' my bathroom!

No actually he gets like that with his play station/gameboy/computer games and thankfully history projects we do for home ed.

Aye :) my g/f gets irritated sometimes though cause i can sit on the PC for hours id love to just stop when she comes in the room i dont know what it is as i get very anxious and dissapointed when someone intterupts me even my g/f lol its strange..

My husband is exactly like you. He has no diagnosis, but both he and I would swear he's on the spectrum. I imagine my DS would be the same as you too.

N can be like that at times when we want her to come off her DS or the computer - she can be so engrossed in the game that we have to ask her a few times and then gets upset and shouts at us.

We find the best thing is to give her an alllocated amount of time on the PC (say half an hour) then give her a warning near the end of her time to let her know she has 10 minutes left, then another one when she has 5 minutes left, then another one when she has a minute left.

This works most of the time with the PC, although because she tends to play on her DS in her bedroom it isn't that successful with her DS as we don't always know she's on it until it's time to go out/ have tea etc so she then gets upset when she has to come off it with no notice.

Right before we go into detail im hoping this is the right place to ask and the right place to put this question..

Well what it is im a Geek (well i say geek) im a computer freak i just like computers finding more and more about them i surf the internet and have to check on things like emails, bebo etc etc. But what's the question is people feel i like computers more than interacting although they know i have AS they get the impression im not intrested in what they have to say to be truthful i dont hear what the persons talking about when im ingrossed installing an OS or reading something about a certain computer part learning how it works etc... Anyways enough blabbing.. What im trying to ask is does any body else or does your daughter/son etc have the same thing where there ingrossed and dont know whats happening around them ??

P.s. sorry if the above is confusing..

My DS is the same, he is always on the PC. Atm he's on his other passion the Nintendo DS, he loves the PC and how he can achieve anything on there, and write his own programs and make his own Mario games on there too.

Hi, My son (14) is like this when he's on his laptop and if left he wouldn't eat, drink or talk to anyone. When I go up stairs to see him he doesn't want to hear me talk and alot of the time is very honest and will just say 'bye' to get rid of me. X