Sign in to follow this  
smiley

I Exist Launch - Hampshire

Infomation for people living and working in Baisingstoke, East Hampshire, Eastleigh & Winchester and Hart & Rushmoor....

If you would like further information, or to attend - please PM me for further details. :)

We are delighted to offer an invitation to the NAS Hampshire launch of I Exist, The National Autistic Society's crucial campaign to improve the lives of adults with autism.

This event takes place from 6.30pm - 8.30pm on Wednesday 14th May at the Ark Centre, Dinwoodie Drive, Baisingstoke, RG24 9NN.

I Exist is the clear message from the many thousands of adults with autism who are isolated and ignored by society. Following the biggest ever survey of adults with autism, we found that too many people across the autism spectrum are unable to fulfil their true potential because of a lack of recognition of autism, a lack of understanding and a lack of suitable services.

The I Exist report demonstrates the gap between the support adults with autism need and what they actually recieve, based on their own views and those of their families, as well as a national survey of local authorities and Primary Care Trusts.

I Exist aims to bring about changes that will transform lives. We need your help to achieve this. We look forward to seeing you at the launch of this vitally important campaign.

Edited by smiley

I can't make it as I already have another meeting that I have to go to that evening.

I hope it goes well. T is now 18 and we are just starting to get involved with adult (non!) services.

Do I have to come?..............couldn't I just stay at home? :devil:

Nikki.

Don't you DARE abandon me misses! :shame:

Can i just hide under the table and shove leaflets at people?? Better still, i'll trip 'em up as they walk past - and then blame you! :clap: "I can't take her anywhere.........tut, tut............" :devil:

Or shall i be really annoying (what do you mean 'like normal......' :o;) ) and talk everyone into giving us free stuff.....

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i feel a BIG migraine coming on............. :devil::shame:

See ya in the morning looney >:D<<'>

Hiya Lorry -

It's the Launch of the 'I Exist' Campaign. The second phase of 'Think differently about autism'.......

Here's the blurb........

http://www.think-differently.org.uk/

http://www.think-differently.org.uk/About%20I%20Exist.aspx

There will be plenty of influential people there.............feel free to come along and ask them yourself...... :D:devil:;)

(If you are coming along - PM me and i will look out for you :) )