Sign in to follow this  
xilef

Some schooling stuff today

As every human has in the world, I have good days and bad days, but the past 2 days have been a mix.

Today I went to go see a teacher who confiscated a pair of cat ears I like wearing a few months back, she has been "promising" to give them backt to me for a few weeks now. Each day is the same when I see her "Sorry, I left them in the car. Tomorrow I promis". Yesterday she said just that, but added "I will give them to you during your maths lesson myself" so I held her to her word and she just didn't, so after school I went into her room, where some of my friends were, and I waited her to finish her discussion. She looked at me and said "The cat ears are still in my car, I'll give them back tomorrow" and I just said, not shouting (But it was angrily), I said "You aren't a very reliable person, not being directly offensive to you" She said "That is very offensive. Like I said, I will give them back to you tomorrow" and I said "Like the way you said you'd give them back all last week, and yesterday and now today?" and she tried to say something but I quickly tried to say "You know what? I don't care anymore" I said tried to say because it wasn't coming out in the right order so i threw my arms down angrily and walked out, she called out with "You're lucky to be getting them back at all" I turned to give a come-back to that but couldn't think of one. (I now think I should have said "At the rate you're going I'll never get them back" but thinking "I should have said _____ " isn't very helpful)

I was annoyed at that.

Then straight after my mother texts me saying that I can now use a word processor in my GCSE's, so finally I'm getting some help with my education. It's only about, hmm, 11 years too late!

I was happy about that.

It's terrible that you've had property confiscated, Xilef. I'm a secondary teacher and I would never be allowed to confiscate anything as it's a students personal property. Not sure what your school policies are, but you could maybe talk to your form teacher/head of year and explain the situation. Glad you're getting some help with your GCSE's.

Sue

Confiscation of property is not allowed? :o I didn't know that :unsure:

I have told my mother about it all and she will email the teacher asking her nicely to give them back and saying sorry that I was so rude.

EDIT: It must depend on the school if confiscation is allowed or not :blink:

Edited by xilef

It's a fine line Xilef. I could confiscate something which could be dangerous, or against school rules. However we have to be extremely careful, because it's not our property and if anything should happen to it, then we are responsible/liable (imagine scenario with mobiles, mp3 players going missing!). Certainly, in the school where I work, the student would be asked to remove/put something away and if not carried out, then discipline procedures would be followed which would be for disobedience. Of course it depends on the school.

Perhaps you could apologise to your teacher yourself for the way you spoke and ask really nicely for your property back. If you don't want to do this personally, you could always write a letter. It would look much better coming from you rather than your mum.:-)

Sue

It's a fine line Xilef. I could confiscate something which could be dangerous, or against school rules. However we have to be extremely careful, because it's not our property and if anything should happen to it, then we are responsible/liable (imagine scenario with mobiles, mp3 players going missing!). Certainly, in the school where I work, the student would be asked to remove/put something away and if not carried out, then discipline procedures would be followed which would be for disobedience. Of course it depends on the school.

Perhaps you could apologise to your teacher yourself for the way you spoke and ask really nicely for your property back. If you don't want to do this personally, you could always write a letter. It would look much better coming from you rather than your mum.:-)

Sue

Well, I've been trying the nice act all last week and i just can't keep up my politeness. I think manners and being polite are extremely important, so I do know what they are! :rolleyes:

If I was your mum I would really have to stop myself going to school to get them myself! but I would def ring the school and speak to head of year and ask for them to be returned with IMMEDIATE effect, any grown up reading this can tell how distressing you are finding this situation, and for the teacher to continually ask you to wait for your own property is not acceptable. Enid

Hope you manage to get this sorted very soon as it must be so frustrating for you. The teacher is certainly not being very fair.

Clare x x x

What were the cat ears doing in her car??

K x

I joke around saying she wears them to people who ask, she probably actually does.

Also, at my school, if something cool is in the teacher's desk, it'll be stolen in a few days.

My mother has emailed her now.

And, my school doesn't actually know I have AS but they know I have dyspraxia. Well, they're supposed to know, some of the staff have had puzzled faces when I mension I have dyspraxia and think it's not important because the school would have been notified of it, the problem is we have notified the school of this number of times, but all the staff still have no idea what it is or show a sign of caring.

A CAMHS woman apparently told my school that they reckon I have AS but I haven't been spoken to by any staff or anyone that needs to know about it at school.

Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent school, just that the priorities are all muddled up. It spent it's budget on a hundred new computers, but I have more qualifications than my ICT teacher does!

EDIT: Okay, Igot my cat ears back :3 That's the most important thing.

Today I had a religious studies exam, i was supposed to use a word processor to do it but my school doesn't actually have any X_X

I had a squeeky desk throughout the exam too and i thought i was about to cry. Writing is so painful.

Edited by xilef