Sign in to follow this  
peevs

Annual review time again!!

Hi I recently posted in meet and greet to say hello, so hello again!

My DD has had a statement since nursery, originally just for language diffs. Now she has recently been diagnosed with aspergers. She finds school a real struggle especially maths, english and the classroom. She is included in the language unit for maths and english but still struggles even tho its only a small group. She has no support outside these classes which I totally disagree with as the poor teacher does not even have a TA all the time and my DD finds being in with so many kids really hard. I feel she needs much more help with these problems. The SENCO agrees that her statement is no longer relevant since her new diagnosis and that she does not get enough support in the class for topic.

I would ideally like her to have more support with maths and english and a 1-1 in the classroom.

Her statement will have to be rewritten so just wondered what I should ask for when I go next week?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Exactly what you've written really, if , like me, you've got a parental form to complete asking about your concerns and what you feel needs to be put in place, then write just that....1:1 support in the classroom, does she need help to cope at break/lunch times too? What is the support in the unit?

I would be tempted to go for the full 30(ish?) hours of 1:1 support and see what they say :whistle:

Do they have an ASD support outreach teacher who could come and work with/advise the school?

Good luck,

A x