Sign in to follow this  
danny

School prospectus

## Please PM for school name ##

Does anyone know anything about 'this' school,or have any previous experience with the school,I am really worried as LEA are ignoring everything and all advise given,I have had a propectus from the school and it looks like they have strong religious policies,morning and evening services and on sundays,my son has major problems around any religious education and has done for many years,LEA have chosen to ignore this,despite everyone elses concerns,I amreally worried if they persist in trying to place my son there he will give up completely and I know his behaviour will deteriorate if they push him into the christian services he cant cope with it at all,any info much appreciated :pray:

Hi Danny,

If the LEA are really pushing hard for a school, it may be worthwhile visiting to see if they have a specific ASD approach that would help your son. If they don't and you feel it could not meet your son's needs then you can argue your case more effectively against the LEA using the evidence you already have.

As far as I am aware any child can be excluded from religious services at school.

Sorry that I don't have any information on the particular school but hope you can find something suitable soon.

Beth.

Danny,

The school you mention sounds as if it has a high 'Christian Ethos' to maintain... a parent has the right to withdraw their child from Religious education, however, if your son became a pupil of that school, you'd have a task in getting the school to accommodate your son's not-so-religious views.

I'll PM you with the link to the school in question - it contains the 2001 Ofsted report.

Edited by Helen