Sign in to follow this  
andrea

transition to school update

l hi all i took the advice and got in touch with parent partnership thanks. pp setup a meeting with school and nursery. met the teacher mrs a who will be bobbys reception teacher she was very help full ,she is all so the deputy head. she as a special interest in asd and i think she said a diploma in asd and teachers to county. mrs a told me bobby has 3 iep and he is accessing special nursery 3 times a week.mrs a all so works at special nursery and sees bobby for 3 sessions a week. mrs a gave me lots of good advise. she thinks bobby is showing high level traits of a child with asd. we are having problems getting hold of ep our ep on maternity leave the ep said she was going to refer bobs to c d c she has not yet so i went to see gp and he has referred him. he has been seen by (salt) who said he has good language and communication but on own terms.mrs a said that even with out a statement or a diagnosis bobs will get the support he requires ! reading between the lines i think nursery and school are wanting a lot more help. nursery got hold of the ep last week and she now wants more evidents before starting statuary assessment of special needs.a more specialized salt is coming to asses him this week and school and i have been asked to fill in a gilliam aspergers disorder scale. school have penciled in there bit .i added it up to 82 ! its been very upsetting im going into nursery on Thursday and they are going to help me fill my bit in. im feeling quite overwhelmed at minute :tearful: andrea