Sign in to follow this  
farfalla

EP-Progress update-Assessment

What a day I've had.............. But ALL g :rolleyes: :rolleyes: d

We had an update meeting today, three months since the last one, and after that one being such a

downer, I wasn't expecting anything!

We all sat down, and after asking DS a few questions, (he started to get stressed so the LA took him from the meeting),

the SENCO announced "we need to go forward now and put in for a statement". :unsure:

She said DS has had a lot of one to one in class, and they have tried to reduce this over the last three months.

This had been unsucessful, and the level of assistance he needs is more then the funding on SA+ can offer.

She did also say that even with a 25 point statement, (I don't understand what this means, but will be reading up about in a sec ha) :whistle:

he might be able to cope with mainstream school............. just!

She also mentioned that when he goes into year 9 (currently in year 7), things will become a lot more intense for him.

She has gathered a lot of evidence from all members of staff, and the EP agreed that assessment for statementing is the only way forward.

I was so relieved to come out of the meeting with a smile on my face.......... :thumbs:

yes its still hard to hear how my DS, who has a high IQ won't produce work unless it is explained in a different context then it is to others.

and the way he is or rather isn't coping with the basic way of life in school. :tearful:

So just got to write up some points for my but for the LEA, then wait.......

thanks to all for the support so far, and i will prob be on ranting again as i know it ain't smooth :wub: