carrieq

Mobility Car Scheme

My car has packed in and will cost in excess of �1000 to get it to work. Ds gets higher rate of mobility so am thinking about getting a car using this. Has anyone done it before? Also when the car went back were they fair about charging for wear and tear?

Thank you

Carrie

Hi Carrie,

We use it and it has been a godend. We have been able to have a people carrier which we couldnt possibly have afforded. It gives our lad space and if he becomes upset he cant "grab" us.

Have a look at the motability website which tells you all you need to know (sorry,cant do links, just google "motability)

If you are thinking of buying a car and not leasing one then go direct to the dealers as they offer better interest (or 0%) than motability. Dealers will often also lease through their own disabled services...often better rate than motability. Shop around before committing

Yes have a car through motability but it's my first one so I don't know about wear and tear thing. It's so useful to have a bigger car. Used to have to try and fit the major buggy into a ford ka!

Elun x

They have always been very good over wear and tear and had no problems.

Motability also covers, AA membership, insurance, new tyres, road tax, services etc, we only pay for petrol

I was just wondering could anyone advise..my son was only awarded the lower rate mobility ..but i take real issue with this , everywhere we go is either at hyperspeed with no regard to roads, danger, he is constantly tripping up and falling and constantly distracted, there is no talking to him and he doesnt listen, his school is far enough away that we cant walk and even if we did what should take 20 mins would take an hour. as if the mood takes him he will just lie down and say his tummy hurts but how can i get dla to listen to me when they say its only if someon cant walk 50 metres or whatever it is ....

any suggestions