Sign in to follow this  
llisa32

How much does it cost LEA for a SEN child at Mainstream

Hiya,

I'm in the process of looking at alternative/additional funding re J's schooling, and have been given an LEA caseworker.

I was curious....does anyone know or have a rough idea of how much it costs the LEA per child in a mainstream school?

It would be helpful info for my quest! :)

Thanks >:D<<'>

Do you mean how much money is given to schools per child before SEN funding is taken into account? Or do you mean how much does statementing cost? :unsure:

This might help:

Per Capita Funding

but this is age weighted, which it doesn't show here (ickle kids get less money!). And I think additional funding it done on %ages of budget (:unsure:) - it's not simply possible so say, well �xxxx would be spent on J in LA schools, I want that funding (kinda like nursery vouchers).

Hi lisa,

The information on education spending for each LA is in the section 52 budget statement which is produced every year. It gives information on funding for for each school in the LA, including SEN funding.

I don't know which LA you're in but here's the link to the section 52 website where you can look up your LA, and individual schools within it. The figures are not easy to interpret though. :wacko:

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/localauthorities/se...fault&ID=79

K x