Sign in to follow this  
Frangipani

Donna Williams Artwork slideshow :D

Hi,

I was just browsing and found this beautiful youtube thread.

Just wanted to share it, I love her artwork. Lots of techniques I have learned too, she is very good :D

Enjoy.

youtube has a lot of good links on Autism, many things I remember from support groups I attended. Unfortunately a lot of trash too, 'cure's', but it seems you can search most of the Authors and Accredited speakers on Autism and its just like being there face to face in a meeting. :)

I just want to keep learning more.

Here is one in particular that I can totally relate to with my son :) from many conversations we have had

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this last one, if that is okay.

Love

Fran x :)

Here is one in particular that I can totally relate to with my son :) from many conversations we have had

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this last one, if that is okay.

Rarrrr rrr rararah rah rah rarrrrrrrhhh rrraahhrrrrrr rrrrrrrrraaaaahhhhh! :lol:

Apart from the fact that she talked far too fast for me to process it first time through, the actual content of what she was saying, would be, I think, very helpful to someone who doesn't experience these issues. I love the idea of Charlie Brown speech (did I pick that up right?) because that indistinguishable sound thing is a real issue I have (SG - I think this could be part of your answer to your how do I explain thread).

"It keeps coming in and I can't stop it" - *nods*

I've not seen Donna Williams' art before so thanks for posting it - I love the ones with circles and lines about 4 minutes in - there's a few in different colours. Does she sell prints? I'd love those on my wall if I had my own house.

I really like her art, etc, but i think i've commented before on her music! :lol:

The Vocoder plug in hasn't helped it any, either :o

Now - of course, music is a totally subjective thing, so hats off to anyone who does like it and no hard feelings! :D

I really like her art, etc, but i think i've commented before on her music! :lol:

The Vocoder plug in hasn't helped it any, either :o

Now - of course, music is a totally subjective thing, so hats off to anyone who does like it and no hard feelings! :D

What, you dont like the music, :o:o the music is catchy :lol: it grows on you, if you listen to it enough. Like a trance :hypno: It goes well with the artworks :)

:D:P:thumbs:

Hi Mumble,

yes, I sell prints via my site at http://www.donnawilliams.net

glad you're enjoying the art.

the one's with the circles and lines I call the Neoteric range

they display 'systems thinking'

essentially, when you're on the phone and you doodle with lines and circles and dots

and find these system's pics relate symbolically to the concept or feelings discussed

that's systems thinking

I dream in systems thinking sometimes.

My dreams have sometimes actually looked like those pics.

:-) Donna *)

I guess it ain't everyone's thing.

And the Nobody Nowhere album is very different to the second album, Mutation

(to compare the two you can hear clips of the tracks on my site)

The Nobody Nowhere stuff was compared to Enya's work, which was strange

but yes, they do have a relateable effect on people,

both are hypnotic, true.

The second one has spoken word stuff on it and is more experimental.

Have just formed a band, Donna and the Aspinauts

hope to get a clip onto You Tube some time with as yet unrecorded tracks.

:-) Donna *)

Thanks for the link - there's one called 'moving house' or something - how's that for an aim for me to have - have a house, have a picture on the wall :D

I dream in systems thinking sometimes.

My dreams have sometimes actually looked like those pics.

Fancy a swap? My dreams are, erm, not so pretty/organised at present :( I think I would give people nightmares if they had pictures of my dreams on their walls :lol::tearful: