ScienceGeek

Made of fail

Copied over from my journal as I can't be bothered to type it all again. :tearful:

So I looked online and the results are in, pretty much what I expected.. Oh crud.

Matter and Energy Decision 1RA* - Comp A (exam) - 11%, Comp B (courswork) - 48% - Overall 33%

Chemical Reactivity and Bonding Decision 1RALL* - Comp A (exam) - 14%, Comp B (coursework) - 34% - Overall 26% (only submitted one piece of coursework hence low mark, actual mark for what I did submit was 64%).

Organic Molecules Decision 1RA* - Comp A (exam) - NS, Comp B (coursework) - 61% - Overall - 37%

IT and Study Skills Decision 1RALL* - Comp A (supervised work) - 12%, Comp B (Presentation) - NS - Overall 12%

Biology Decision 1RA* - Comp A (exam) - NS, Comp B (courswork) - 67% - Overall 40%

*1RA = 1 Resit

*1RALL = Resit all

I now know the extent of the work I have to do over the summer.

Exams:

Matter and Energy

Chemical Reactivity and Bonding

Organic Molecules

IT and Study Skills

Biology

Coursework:

Chemical Reactivity and Bonding

IT and Study Skills

right for a start you are NOT made of fail.

Yes youve had a bad/busy year both emotionally and physically. All your mental issues, dx aspergers, getting married, burning yourself, study etc etc all adding to your workload. No wonder youve had a hard year.

But your not a failure. many people would have done lots worse than you given the same circumstances.

Yes you have a busy summer but it is achievable.

Follow Bids advice on revision!!

Thanks Warren. This year has certainly been too much for me. Things are starting to calm down so my main focus is the resits, I was having a moment of panic earlier but Em is going to help me sort things out this evening. :thumbs:

Sorry you didn't get the results you hoped for, SG.

As Warren says, you've had a lot going on in your life, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Good luck with the revision,

K x

Results were formally published today and resit coursework put up on the website. The funny thing is I think I have a better chance of getting a good grade in these than I did the last time round. Chemistry is describe a group in the periodic table (from the list of choices) 1,500 words with guidelines about what they want. IT and Study skills is an essay on Wind turbines and why they are environmentally friendly (being a green party bod this I could probably do this in my sleep) also 1,500 words! Huzzah! All I got to worry about now is the exams :whistle: