Delyth

Hello again

Hello Everyone

Have been part of this forum for a while but can rarely post due to lack of time and an inability to write quickly!

I first came here looking for support after discovering that my hubbie has AS. Nellie (I think she has gone now) was a tremendous help for me - I still thank her - and we are doing ok in our relationship now.

Anyway... just to say 'hello' again to all and I hope to participate more frequently, especially in the adult area as none of our children are on the spectrum as far as we know, though they all have 'traits'.

Best wishes

Delyth

Hello :D nice to meet you.

Ive just joined, I think my hubby is Aspergers too. The more I read about my son the more obvious it is who he gets it from. Even the hubby agrees which is a mirricle. How did your DH go about being diagnosed, how long were you together before you knew there was something going on that he couldn't help. Blimey how nosey I am!!?

Hi there.

Nice to hear from you.

My hubby hasn't been diagnosed but when our son was it was like someone had turned a light on and we know that He has it too.

It's hard at times but we have learned coping strategies as we have gone along.

Mummy x

Thanks for your welcomes... I do feel a bit like I might not really 'belong' because none of our 3 children are on the spectrum (as far as we can tell) and it seems that everyone here is a parent (?)... anyway... nice to be here and feel part of a group.

Sooze2 - don't worry about asking questions... it's good to share...

My husband and I have been together for about 20 years and living together for about 10 and we ahve three children. I think our relationship started going down hill when we started living together and then with each child he found it more and more difficult to cope trying to deal with the hurly burly of family life. After about 5 years of being unable to resolve various issues and going round and round in circles, we began to realise that there was more going on than the usual stereotypical 'marital problems'. My husband finally had a diagnosis about three years ago. This has helped us a great deal in understanding the difficulties and we can now communicate much better. One of the other reasons he decided to go for a diagnosis was to help our children understand him... his behaviour was a little confusing for them at times!

Anyway... nice to meet you too...

Delyth

Hi Delyth.

Most people here are parents of autistic children, but many of those will probably relate to you because their partners also have some autistic traits.

There are also some adults with Asperger's here, including myself. We might be able to help you see things from your husband's point of view or suggest ideas that have helped us.