Sign in to follow this  
bluefish

Ls starts september

Hi, Ds starts in reception in september and has 15hrs statement for 1-1 ls. I do not know who this will be but am almost certain they will not know ds

I was thinking of writting about ds what he likes,what he is good at, things he does not enjoy etc and including some photos.(home based stuff) so who ever works with him will be able to have some insight into what makes him tick and see things we do at home etc. BUT don't want to tread on any toes. I know his home/school diaries will have much of this stuff in as I write a weekly update about home,but thought it would save them having to trawl through all of them.

Just wondered If any of you have done anything simular or feel I should let ls find out about ds in own way and own time?

I was not thinking along the lines of "educating" some one so they get a pre conceived idea ie He wont do that or this but more like ds loves to swim, at moment finds the idea of birthday parties a bit difficult but we live in hope,loves Thomas the tank,favorate story is... just nice general stuff?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Bluefish,

I think that's a really lovely idea; do you get a chance to meet with the teacher and LSA before he starts school? If you do, you could make it into a little booklet all about him, and give it to them; and if you don't get the chance to meet them, ring the school to arrange a visit, to set your mind at rest.The teachers came out to my house when my little girl started reception.

s

xxx

It's probably a really good idea, as they won't have time to trawl through piles and piles of previous communications, and may not even have them passed on anyway. If you do it, it would be best to stick to 1-2 sides of A4, otherwise they simply won't bother with it.

Hi there

Definitely do that. Logan has a pupil passport which details loads of things about him and I give it to everyone who is going to be around him and doesn't know him, school, carers etc.

You can find out more about them here: http://callcentre.education.ed.ac.uk/Resou...sports_rea.html

I think they are excellent to have!

Lynne x

Hiya,

Here's another goodie...

http://www.autismtoolkit.com/home.htm

If possible, could you take it into school before the end of this term?

Something that also helps our little 'uns is photographs of the adults (teachers, 121, dinner lady) and photos of the classroom, cloakroom, hall, etc. You could smile sweetly and ask if the school are happy to do this.

:)

I work in a special school and all our pupils come to us with a 2 page 'pen picture' compiled by their previous 1:1 jointly with aprents. It is HUGELY useful.

Mummy x