Sign in to follow this  
bluefish

DLA (again!)

Hi, I received decision from review of dla for oct when ds is five.

Care rate has remained at middle and have now been awarded lower mobility.

I feel a bit between a rock and a hard place as I am releived he still gets dla and pleased mobility problems have been recognised but now he is older he is far more hard work and cant ever be left unsupervised(I am sure I dont need to tell anyone here that!) we drive everywhere due to problems getting around and I have a blue badge that I got without mobility alowence as when I phoned dla to apply thay told me they would have to look at whole claim again and I had to be aware not only might I not get it but they could lower or remove care!so I applied direct to ss.I did not appeal first application of middle care as I was still in shock and wanted it all to go away :crying:

I really hoped he would get high care and mobility and would like to appeal but I am scared it could go down.

I do not think there was anything I could have added to the claim form. It was all true and he has a dx. I did not mention random things like smearing as (thankfully)they have been very few and far between and are not in the every day battle.

I also found the form heartbreaking and chucked in a few positives. :)

Also it says on the letter we will be in touch when it is time for next review. No time was given to this? How often do I have to fill out those horrible forms? I thought that the review was just because he will be five and that would highlight how much more work he will be than a nt 5 year old?

Hi, I just hate the way these things are awarded! I ended up taking the DWP to a tribunal which we won, but its all stress that everyone can do without!

I would contact a voluntary group, like the CAB, who can appeal, and help you to state your circumstances to your advantage. You didn't mention his smearing - well you need to tell them absolutely EVERYTHING, as these guys do not like to give money away.

Good luck and I hope you get the decision changed to you and your little ones advantage.