Sign in to follow this  
keepingmesane

holidays

Im due to go on holiday with all my family on sat, we are going to butlins to stay in a caravan for a week. but i have been so depressed in the last week.

Ive never been one for holidays, when younger i had to take things of mine with me as i really didnt like being somewhere else. even now i loathe being anywhere but in my own house. if i stay in someone elses place i cant go to bed unless i have enough clothing oon so no skin touches the material (i also feel really uncomfortable sitting on other peoples sofas and often wont remove my jumper even if it is hot) i never sleep well as i just feel so uncomfortable, i cant explain it properly but it just makes my skin crawl

last year was the first time we went on holiday with the children and we went to the same place that we are going this year. i was really out of sorts and very tetchy for the first half of the holiday until i adjusted to being there. im worried im going to be like that again but nothing i do makes it any better.

does anyone else feel like this? im made to feel odd because i dont like holidays and i dont like leaving my home for the night (even to my own parents house)

dh is trying to be understanding but is frustrated with me as i am so different to everyone else.

I also cant go away without taking loads of my own things which leads to me getting ribbed a lot by family, but its what settles me enough to go

please say im not alone in how i feel

Oh, you are definitely not alone.

I like the familiarity of home, and I also hate using unfamiliar showers and toilets.

I worry my house will burn down while I am away. I dread turning into my road on the way home as I expect to see the house has burned down.

You're certainly not alone! We're going away at the end of this month and as much as I love the sea and sand, I find it all very stressful.

I HATE change and so living in a different place for a week is upsetting. I'm a bit particular about cleanliness as well - knowing that strangers have used the shower, etc; also makes my skin crawl.

Try and enjoy it though - make sure you get out and about. I try to spend as little time at the caravan as possible :D

No not alone, keep thinkin is it really worth the hassle, they say you should never stay anywhere that's not at least as nice as your own house!!

Take Dettox, send them all to explore and scrub it down-have been known to put wheelie bin liners top and bottom of the mattresses-paranoid yes,but much more at ease, hee hee!!

Take lots of wine, hope u enjoy it, Marion