chill2computer

Not a neurotypical

I would like to introduce myself, I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and I have a seven year old son with the same condition.

is there any one else with the same condition?

It would be nice to talk to non neurotypicals.

:thumbs:

Hi & welcome

I'm NT (allegedly) my son is AS, my husband is somewhere on the spectrum.

Lots of peeps on here in similar circs to you though

:)

Hiya :)

I'm 18 and was diagnosed with a schizophrenic sprectrum disorder by CAMHS. They've now changed their mind and suspect I may have Aspergers, so I'm going to have a reassessment done. My little brother (also 7) was diagnosed in December with Aspergers and we believe my Dad has it too.

Hi (and welcome)

I'm 34 (physically, mentally about 6) and a bone fide neuro-divergant (dx'd with AS just over two years ago). I'm also convinced that my dad was AS and that his mum was AS too.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I am 26 and I was diagnosed with AS last year, although I had suspected for quite some time.

Hi

Thank you all for the into

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in my twenties, down graded to psychosis then diagnosed with personality disorder in my thirties and finally diagnosed with Aspergers early this year. It is not uncommon for people to get these labels before being diagnosed with Aspergers.

My Mother is on the spectrum and she now recognises she is and my dad is Aspergers. I have five brothers and all of them have Autism and my younger brother has been diagnosed with autism/schizophrenia. I have a seven year old son with Aspergers.

I have more confidence since the diagnoses however since I was diagnosed CAMHS have been pushing social services. It feels like all of a sudden I am being called a bad parent because I have Aspergers, they did not worry about my son until I was diagnosed.

Has this happened to anyone else?