Sooze2

DS's mouth is lopsided when he talks

Its getting really noticable. I don't think it's Bells Palsy because its only his mouth. When he talks only one side of his mouth seems to be used and the other side stays fairly closed - he looks a bit like popeye - that sounds mean but its the only way I can decribe it! When he isn't talking his mouth looks symetrical.

Does anyone know what this is called?

Perhaps its just his latest "odd phase" mine went through this awful phase of doing this horrible sniffing noise! how long has he been doing it? Enid

Perhaps its just his latest "odd phase" mine went through this awful phase of doing this horrible sniffing noise! how long has he been doing it? Enid

I can relate to that! He has LOTS of noises that he does but this has been going on for years. Its most noticable when he is talking freely for a while. In his first school photo he had to say sausages for the smile and you can clearly see that his mouth is lopsided.

My brother did that sniffing/snorting noise for years, still does in fact. Its so irritating. Mum took him to the docs and they said it was an allergy but at 42 it still continues!

My brother did that sniffing/snorting noise for years

Thanks for that little ray of sunshine ;) My lad has for a month or so started this along with huffing and puffing in quick succession. Lets hope he stops soon!