Sign in to follow this  
bjkmummy

okay - so where are the worst place to live in the uk if you have an child with asd?

Dont know that its bad but slow as heck n the teachers are totally uneducated bout special needs thats in South Wales.

Edited to remove place name.

Edited by Flora

I would like to reply and tell you where I live, as it must be THE worst, buts its a small town, so I cant, as its one of the only places I can come and have a moan about everyone and everything :tearful: So I`m taking the fifth >:D<<'> Enid (but thats not my real name :lol::lol: )

Hi guys

Can I just ask that nobody is too specific about naming towns etc when replying to this thread, inline with forum guidlines :D

Thanks

Flo' X

Iv'e found my area very good, we finally got into the system in September. I have to say since then things have moved very quicky and everyone involved, school, CHAMs everyone have been very helpful.

Our area is terrible. Everything takes months to get going

Maybe cos we're a small rural town and everything is miles away :(

Our area was terrible. Difficult to get a statement, once you got the statement is was wooley. Communication with the eduation special needs officers (in the lEA office) was difficult and even when they did listen, nothing was changed.

But 2007 came and the papers for transition to senior school.

THE LEA LISTENED AND COMMUNICATED WEEKLY BY PHONE TO MAKE SURE WE WERE UPDATED, EVEN IF THERE WAS NO CHANGE AT THAT TIME. STAFF WERE EFFECIENT AND DID WHAT THEY SAID.

THEY EVEN TOLD US NOT TO WORRY WHEN WE REJECTED THE SCHOOL THEY PUT ON THE PROVISIONAL STATEMENT.

THAN WITHIN TWO WEEKS NEW STATEMENT WITH THE SCHOOL WE WANTED. LEA OFFICERS COMMUNICATED WITH THE NEW SCHOOL.

EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION, HAPPY LEA OFFICERS WHO WERE ALWAYS HAPPY TO LISTEN TO US AND RING US BACK.

THINGS CAN CHANGE!!!!!!!!

Edited by lynne