Sign in to follow this  
Enid

Limbic rage

By Jove I think I`ve got it! or my son has, cant attach this as dont know how, but anyone interested google it. It describes my son to a tee, even down to the rages happening at the same time in the evening. I am going to be emailing it to his consultants tomorrow. He ticks all 10 boxes. It dosnt help matters of course, still have to deal with it but would be nice to know whats wrong with him, apart from, ASD/ADHD ect! I think everyone missed my post last night about his terrible violent episode as I attached it to the end of "meltdown on main road" but we have had an awful time this week, worst since that awful week between xmas and new year when he was taken away 3 times by the police. Its really building up to something, I was so scared last night, but tonight, he`s lovley! Enid

I Googled it and read the first link that came up. I have never heard of this condition before.

It sounds like it is a type of epilepsy, so it's possible that epilepsy medications may help to control it.

I hope the consultants will help in trying to work out what is going on here!

From the (very little!) i know of it - it can be similar to PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance) and / or epilepsy.

(Edit because my link wasn't working - are pdf's allowed on forum? :unsure:)

Edited by smiley

By Jove I think I`ve got it! or my son has, cant attach this as dont know how, but anyone interested google it. It describes my son to a tee, even down to the rages happening at the same time in the evening. I am going to be emailing it to his consultants tomorrow. He ticks all 10 boxes. It dosnt help matters of course, still have to deal with it but would be nice to know whats wrong with him, apart from, ASD/ADHD ect! I think everyone missed my post last night about his terrible violent episode as I attached it to the end of "meltdown on main road" but we have had an awful time this week, worst since that awful week between xmas and new year when he was taken away 3 times by the police. Its really building up to something, I was so scared last night, but tonight, he`s lovley! Enid

thank you for finding that i feel at last i know weremy son is coming from he as always said he cant remember and he as the most awful headaches and is sick after i am going to keep this and start to make a note of the rages etc

(Edit because my link wasn't working - are pdf's allowed on forum? :unsure:)

You should be able to link to a PDF download page if it's on a hosting site... It worked for me with 'The Princess and The Peas' and 'Reggies Rat' - 'cos you downloaded them from here! Erm... so stop asking daft questions! :lol::whistle:

Soprry, enid, nothing to add about limbic rage 'cos i've never heard of it, but hopefully this post'll help you get the PDF from smiley :)

I've been wondering why I get into arguments filled with some much rage over the smallest thing and go nuts,swearing and all sorts then afterwards feel totally guilty and shameful and have terribly headaches and an even lower mood.

my parents think my personality changes dramtically too.

I end up in my bed like the article says a lot too.

I'm up and down in a split second.

I might just be that kind of person but is this something I should look look further into do you think?

or is it probally just my aspergers and depression causing it?

Edited by girl interrupted

Enid.I know this is not really on topic but I am wondeing.

The episode at christmas was in the holidays.

This time of year is pre-hols.

I was not sure if you had another difficult time during hols as well.It may be worth investigating whether change of routine or something else about hols is a factor. :) Karen.

I've been wondering why I get into arguments filled with some much rage over the smallest thing and go nuts,swearing and all sorts then afterwards feel totally guilty and shameful and have terribly headaches and an even lower mood.

my parents think my personality changes dramtically too.

I end up in my bed like the article says a lot too.

I'm up and down in a split second.

I might just be that kind of person but is this something I should look look further into do you think?

or is it probally just my aspergers and depression causing it?

Worth looking into, it describes what happens to my lovely son with absolute accuracy, dosnt say what to do about it though :tearful: Enid

Hmmmmmmmmmm still not working. :unsure:

http://www.duramater.info/braincenteronlin...eragewithin.asp

Another pdf........ :unsure:

https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/bitstrea...6/1/pn03003.pdf

(i have pdf's on my pc - do if we can't figure out a way - i can email you them.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=khVcf3p...7&ct=result

Thanks Smiley, will read it now whilst hiding out in my bedroom, whilst he has his Limbic rage!!!!! Enid