Sign in to follow this  
suzy27

concession card

I am so angry and upset about what happened on the bus today.

I recently got a concession card its for people in Scotland who have disabilities or for elderly people. I only got the card last week and I started using it - Today I stepped on a bus I have to use regularly as where I am there really is no other transport options. The driver seemed to have a problem with me from the beginning, I just showed him the card and I get another ticket that show that its free. and went upstairs and sat down, when I came to get off the bus at my stop the driver did not open the door, glared at me, didnt say anything - I had to ask him twice to open the door, he did that eventually but he really made me feel intimidated and humuliated as I had not actually done or said anything wrong.

I phoned the company and they said they would investigate but this creep is just going to get away with it. I have actually cut up that card as I no longer wish to use it - As for transport well I am screwed basically as the way I feel at the moment I have no wish to travel with ***- Some people in other parts of the UK actually may recognise *** as a bus company as I know that its not just in Glasgow they have that company.

What do you think I should do????

Edited by baddad
Edited to remove company name in line with forum rules and guidelines.

I really hate *** buses. They have them in Bristol, unreliable, expensive and really bad service :unsure: Is there another bus company that runs buses in your area or is it just ***? I know in Bristol there are two companies that run the buses.

Edited by baddad
as above

I am so angry and upset about what happened on the bus today.

I recently got a concession card its for people in Scotland who have disabilities or for elderly people. I only got the card last week and I started using it - Today I stepped on a bus I have to use regularly as where I am there really is no other transport options. The driver seemed to have a problem with me from the beginning, I just showed him the card and I get another ticket that show that its free. and went upstairs and sat down, when I came to get off the bus at my stop the driver did not open the door, glared at me, didnt say anything - I had to ask him twice to open the door, he did that eventually but he really made me feel intimidated and humuliated as I had not actually done or said anything wrong.

I phoned the company and they said they would investigate but this creep is just going to get away with it. I have actually cut up that card as I no longer wish to use it - As for transport well I am screwed basically as the way I feel at the moment I have no wish to travel with - Some people in other parts of the UK actually may recognise as a bus company as I know that its not just in Glasgow they have that company.

What do you think I should do????

Hi Suzy.I am sorry the bus driver acted in such an unhelpful and unprofessional way.It would be worth following up the telephone call with a written complaint which may increase the chances of action being taken.Karen.

Edited by baddad

Hi Sciencegeek and Karen A

Where I live its known for being in a nicer area so they all think we can drive around here which is not true and there is no train station so really there is no other bus that I can get at all.

I phoned them up and they said they will investigate but he will deny it and there is nothing they can do so basically he gets away with it.

Yes Suzy, write to them telling them the time of the bus and how you felt etc...... Also ask for them to replace your card!!!!! Why deprive yourself of something because of one miserable old prat?

Flo' >:D<<'>

They should be able to check the CCTV. He can't deny it then. I think you've every right to be angry. I hope they uphold your complaint.

Hi

In honesty I think you've been rash in cutting up the concession card - you are entitled to use it. Clearly the driver had a problem about something and it's him with the problem, not you. Try not to let this knock your confidence. I'm not excusing the driver, but maybe he had had a bad day and wrongly took it out on you and as a result you've cut up your card because of the way he made you feel. You didn't do anything wrong, so go and get yourself a new card.

Best wishes.

Caroline.

Thanks for all your advice.

I wont be asking for a new card because of what happened. I would rather pay a fare and not have to deal with people like that, if I go back to using the bus again as right now I dont feel I want too.

suzy ive got a concession card cos im partially sighted and ive had a few looks but i just think stuff it,whats it got to do with them anyway,i just give them a rotten look,i know thats easy to say though cos it is awful when you feel intimidated,the annoying thing is that your driver completely forgot about it when you got off the bus and he might of been having a bad day and it had nothing to do with your concession card that he was miserable,it dont make it right that he was miserable i know that,seems a shame your travel arrangements being messed up through this though.