Sooze2

What was he thinking of?!!

I can't beleive what DS did this evening, he and his freind were here and had been told the freind was going home in 5 minutes. I was getting the girls ready for bed and the boys went in the garden to play. I heard DH talking loudly to DS and assumed he was telling him to get his shoes on but all of a sudden DS comes into the bedroom crying his eyes out saying I didn't mean to I didn't mean to!

It turned out that he had taken both back door keys and had been in the garden banging the hell out of them with a rock. The keys were semi circle shaped by the time he'd finnished! We now couldn't lock the back door and I have been out today and bought train tickets for a day trip with a freind, if we can't lock the door we can't go out and the train tickes are wasted and the freinds and my daughters are let down and upset.

The reason DH was annoyed is that he kept saying he didn't do anything when he was stood there next to the keys with a rock in his hand. He admitted it in the end and just kept saying he didn't know why he did it. DH took the freind home and all I could do was to queitly say "I suggest you get ready for bed and be asleep when daddy gets home"

He is still awake even though I sent him to bed at 8 pm. He keeps coming out of his room for no apparent reason and so will now be tired and grumpy tomorrow. :(

Luckily we have found another spare key for the door so can breath a sigh of releif.

So, please tell me why he did it? :wallbash:

Edited by Sooze2

Oh god Snooze have no idea, but this is just the sort of thing mine does, odd things that just cannot be explained. It was obviously something to do with friend going home, but what I dont know, maybe so you couldnt lock the doors so couldnt leave the house, so friend would have to stay, who knows but I bet your son doesnt know why. This is what I find sooo wearing. sending you >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Keep strong. Enid

Edited by Enid

Enid, I thought it may be something to do with the freind going home although I thought I was mad to even think it!

They were playing so nicely and quietly with lego and the freind was answering DS's odd questions about what was going on in the music videos they were watching so patiently. They were chilled and maybe he didn't want that nice time to end. We may be reading to much into it though.

Well you may never know! but take my advice an do what I do, keep the keys in my pockets! cos mine went through a phase of locking me out all the time, mind you that was easier than his running off phase! right just poured a glass of red, all alseep. Breathe out! NIGHT. Enid >:D<<'>

Edited by Enid

Hi

I've came to the conclusion that there are some things that you cannot apply logic to.

I found it interesting that your son intially denied doing the deed even when caught red-handed. My son does the same. Baffles me!

Caroline.

I think I'll do that with the keys, he locked us out on Christmas Day when we were getting my pressie DH had hidden in the shed. We shouted and shouted but he was sat using the playstation and didn't let us in. Luckily my DD heard and eventualy came to our rescue. I have always locked my front door because as soon as he could walk he would just leave the house, he could turn the key so I put a hook up high so he couldn't get it - he tried but gave up after a while.

Edited by Sooze2

If we knew what they were thinking we'd be millionaires! Maybe he was thinking if he broke the keys you couldn't go out and take his friend home? What words did your husband use to ask what he had done? Maybe in your sons eyes he didn't do anything wrong, he wanted his friend to stay and if that meant breaking the keys, he was going to break them. We have to be so careful what wording we use with our kids. I don't think my son understands "what " or "why." He knows "where "and "who"

If anyone finds the answer please tell me cos my ds is going thru a stage of doing the most absurd of stuff n telling me he didnt know he was doing it n didnt know why!!!!!????

I was going to suggest the same as Enid - somehow he thought if he broke the keys then his friend couldn't go home (speaking from experience as my ds (8) locked himself and friend in the shed the other day when it was the friend's hometime! Then got in the friend's car and refused to move - in the end he was bribed out with a sweet and friend's mum locked her car doors pretty fast!)

No! I'm really not thinking ahead to the days where saying 'if you get out of the car and stand nicely on the kerb then you can have a humbug' doesn't work!

(Hurrah for friends who keep humbugs in their gloveboxes!)